New player with a problem/question

hoboof97

Green Slime
Hello, you can call me Hobo. I didn't know where to post this so general discussion seemed the safest bet.

My brother and I were playing in coop and he got a card from an enemy, and I didn't get it. So the obvious solutions was to grind another one out and let me pick it up. We did that, I touched it, and I still didn't get the card.
So my question is, can only the host get cards or is there something we're missing in this scenario?

Thanks in advance!

Own

In multiplayer you can see the cards each other get. The card isn't obtained by being touched, it shoots up and automatically goes to a pre-selected player when dropped.

If you're saying your brother got the Jumpkin card, then you grinded more Jumpkins, and another Jumpkin card dropped and went to him again... that is a bug.

hoboof97

Green Slime
That's unfortunate. I swear I had to touch it before it moved though. Maybe it was just timing that it happened. Thanks for the answer though.

Enoen

Rabby
That's unfortunate. I swear I had to touch it before it moved though. Maybe it was just timing that it happened. Thanks for the answer though.
Nay the card more or less dramatically shines from the defeated creature and flings itself towards the corresponding player as RNGesus our lord and savior grants the drop chance to each of you individually. Your brother should not be able to get a 2nd card of the same card but it is probable for your brother to suddenly be getting more cards than you by pure chance.

Me and my best friend started playing today after I bought her the game for her birthday and she and I ended up getting different cards than one another which was always amusing as we would compare drop rates and how rngesus somehow loves her more than me. But if you do however claim that your brother is simply getting repeats of the same cards I will look into it. I haven't been active lately so I wish to contribute.

hoboof97

Green Slime
I would guess that it being a bug is a thing as it only happened once. After we restarted the session it never happened again and card drops worked as you said.