Facetank Arcade Build

Zerg

Green Slime
Hello, this is my first time posting. I've been playing this game on and off before the utility skills came out and could never make it past winter zone. After the frontline build with the revamped utility skills, I used a pure defense build for 1-h for arcade.

Skills:
Shadow Clone, Barrier, Fortify, Haste, and Empower

Talents:
Brawler, Seconds Wind, and any other talents to boost damage

Defense Strategy:
The goal of this build is to maximize the use of Barrier's 25% hp protection. I maximized DEF via Fortify and Brawler. I would recast Barrier immediately after getting hit so I have a permanent HP shield up. Since EP has a recharge delay after casting a spell, Second Wind with 1-H weapons allows for 5 EP gain per hit and I can spam Barrier all day long. If Barrier is down, I can run in circles until 4 second cooldown is done.

Offensive Strategy:
Start off with Shadow Clone. I would cast offensive utility skills for damage when I have extra EP gained from Second Wind. Since this build doesn't have any offensive skills to use, it should be fairly easy to focus on blocking, dodging, and attacking monsters.

Gear:
ATK, DEF, HP

Thoughts after beating arcade:
I tried numerous other builds using magic (no flamethrower) and its much harder then this easy to use auto-attacking build. EP has a recharge delay after casting any skill (melee or magic) so pure skill users have significantly lower DPS than auto-attacking. Melee builds can utilize auto-attack to keep the DPS up but magic users are forced to wait for EP to recharge before casting again. As a suggestion, perhaps if magic users didn't have an EP recharge delay, it could help bridge the DPS gap.

Blaize

Green Slime
Tried it out, works extremely well indeed. I added one point in blink when I saw room for it, saved my ass quite a few times. Although I really like the barrier skill, it probably needs some tweaks. I think it would be unfortunate to completely change the mechanic, but increasing the cooldown after breaking would be fair imo. Even with good gear, for me it was quite challenging to never let the shield break. If you can manage to keep it intact indefinitely obviously you become immortal, but that requires a lot of skill to pull off to begin with.

Also, I believe 1H normal attacks are getting nerfed. That on its own will have a large impact on this build, as there are no attack skills.

As a buff for mages, the long range normal attacks should probably help quite a bit when EP is low.

EDIT: Updated game with yesterday's patch, this build is now bad :p

Last edited: