Meaning clarifications

res7less

Jumpkin
Thanks for all the proof reading!
Sure thing!

This is the issue of needing to differentiate gender and stuff right?
That, and multiplayer. 95% of the speech bubbles in question would only make use of the local_male/local_female condition when "kid" is mentioned or 2+ players (+ Otherwise) condition when player(s) are addressed directly. So, I don't know if implementing all conditions would be necessary (at least not for russian) but those mentioned would be a great help to increase the translation quality of speech bubbles or dialogue snippets in general!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Short version: Tsreaper is correct!
Long version: Endasil bought the item-tier but said we didn't need to make an item for him. So we thought it would be a bit poetic to slap his nickname on the cube of randomness!

TsReaper

Boar
What's the dating method in the Grindea world? I've seen A.C. in the journal of the flying temple, which I believe is the abbreviation of "After Cataclysm". However in misc texts > Books > TipsForAspiringCollectors_Page01 I've also seen A.D. which seems to be the "Anno Domini" in the real world. What's the relationship between them?

Also, in TipsForAspiringCollectors_Page02 and TipsForAspiringCollectors_Page03 quotes from both Charlotte and Dad are recorded in the book in 988 A.D., while the birthday of my character shown in the game menu is 2-6-1081. So Dad is about 100 years old?

res7less

Jumpkin
What's the dating method in the Grindea world? I've seen A.C. in the journal of the flying temple, which I believe is the abbreviation of "After Cataclysm". However in misc texts > Books > TipsForAspiringCollectors_Page01 I've also seen A.D. which seems to be the "Anno Domini" in the real world. What's the relationship between them?
According to Teddy, this one seems to be a typo and is indeed supposed to be A.C.

Also, in TipsForAspiringCollectors_Page02 and TipsForAspiringCollectors_Page03 quotes from both Charlotte and Dad are recorded in the book in 988 A.D., while the birthday of my character shown in the game menu is 2-6-1081. So Dad is about 100 years old?
That's a nice catch! I wonder if it's a hint or a mistake.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
The AD thing was indeed a typo, and the years were sort of improvised - the texts that exists in the game right now were made as a test to see if such a book would translate well into our "book" UI! For when the book can be accessed by players, a few extra pages will be added (and the dates will be fixed, of course!)