[Crash] Error: System.NullReferenceException Version: 0.890b Steamy Hot Stable

Glimmer Sparks

Green Slime
I recently bought a game and launched it for the first time. But it didn't work out, when launch the game, the "THE GAME DEADED" window pops up

Version: 0.890b Steamy Hot Stable

Error: System.NullReferenceException: The object reference does not point to an instance of an object.
in SoG.Journal.HasMap (TreasureMapID enMapID) at (path) \ Entities \ Player \ PlayerView.cs: line 588
in SoG.Journal.GetCompletionOfLocation (Locations enLocation, Int32 & iCardsFound, Int32 & iDropsFound, Int32 & iSecretsFound, Int32 & iQuestsDone, Int32 & iFishFound, Int32 & iTotalCards, iTuTu & iTotalDrops, & Int32 & Boots Player \ PlayerView.cs: line 1058
in SoG.Journal.GetLocationCompletionInPercent (Locations enLocation, Boolean bOverrideUnlocks) at (path) \ Entities \ Player \ PlayerView.cs: line 651
in SoG.Journal.GetCompletionOfAllLocations () at (path) \ Entities \ Player \ PlayerView.cs: line 716
in SoG.Game1._GameSession_GetCompletionPercent () at (path) \ GameProgress \ GameSessionData.cs: line 1667
in SoG.Game1._MainMenu_PopulateCharacterSelect () at (path) \ States \ GlobalData.cs: line 1168
in SoG.Game1.LoadContent () at (path) \ Game1.cs: line 715
in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize ()
in SoG.Game1.Initialize () in (path) \ Game1.cs: line 593 - FullScreen: No - NetworkRole: LocalOnly - MD5: 218761ec5a27ed7a76b7fcdc8f489052

What I must to do to fix it?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Does switching to Frontline help? check out this forum thread: http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/i...tch-between-stable-and-frontline-and-why.127/

If not, try to first disable Steam cloud: go into your Steam Library, right click the game and choose Properties. Go to the Updates tab and make sure the Steam Cloud checkbox at the bottom is unchecked!

Then reset the save data by open up the file explorer and go to the folder %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea. There, delete everything inside!

Then start the game again and see if it works better!

Are you on Windows by the way?

Glimmer Sparks

Green Slime
Does switching to Frontline help? check out this forum thread: http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/i...tch-between-stable-and-frontline-and-why.127/

If not, try to first disable Steam cloud: go into your Steam Library, right click the game and choose Properties. Go to the Updates tab and make sure the Steam Cloud checkbox at the bottom is unchecked!

Then reset the save data by open up the file explorer and go to the folder %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea. There, delete everything inside!

Then start the game again and see if it works better!

Are you on Windows by the way?

Yes, I'm on Win10.

Problem was go out. Thank U!