[Crash?] Frontline mode, stable characters disapeared. I recover them but there still are issues

Dryalia

Green Slime
Hello,

[For context, if useful: I have 2 characters in stable (or had...): lv 35 (story available finished) and 19; one character in frontline, lv 37 (story available finished), and played with my partner in multiplayer in his game, with this one. I didn't play with the stable character in frontline previously. I have all the buildings in arcadia, and beat the arcade mode one time in my game. I never posted here. I hope I did it correctly, and that my english is understandable]

My game is in frontline for maybe 1 year or less now. I created a character especially to play in this mode, as advised. Not long ago, I lost all my characters, even in the arcade mode. I don't know if it's related or relevant, but those issues appeared after I went to fight the 3 priests (and loose, of course) at the Grindea's status, in the mountain (so in frontline). My partner did not have those problems. (We were playing and fighting the priests together). Literally 1 minute later, I went to play in arcade mode, and my save was gone. It was the same for the story mode.

I saw a previous solution, where it was indicated to use the backup files, and did it. There was no backup world for the character created for frontline, and my character completely disappeared. I suppose it was a part of the risk...I was lv 37 and finish the actual story available, so it bothers me but I was aware of the risk.

Then, the visual of my 2 others characters, created in stable, did not appear. They were just shadow. In a panic, I made the mistake to launch them while in frontline, and the game starts at the very beginning, but all my level, equipment, and skills previously learned are still here (but not the quests), or so it seems. Now the visual is ok, but my characters are now in frontline, and I can't play with them in stable!
Even in frontline, the game still starts at the beginning (and dialogues don't appear correctly at first, but now they are). [It does not start from the beginning at each launch, just the first time I did it after the backup. Now the story is erased, and it seems each quest say "you already beat this quest, do you want to pass it?"]
It was the same for the arcade mode, but the backup works and I could recover my game (strangely enough, the pseudo proposed is one I used several months ago. But it seems to be the only stranged thing). When I first tried to return to stable, after the backup manipulation, it won't download. But now, several weeks later, it finally works.

I don't want to make other mistake and definitely lose my characters, so I prefer to ask. Do I re use backup? How? Or is it more simple and safe to just past the quest? Is it possible to know if my house will reappeared if I do this? And is it possible to do something for my frontline character, or do I lose it definitely?

I just check very fast if my equipment was still there. I didn't want to launch the stable characters for too long for fear it will be worst. So I might have not noticed some other issues (I am willing to experiment with the lv 19, but still want pro advice first).

Thank you for your help!

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
You should check once more if you can find the backup world! If there are no .wld files in the backup folder for some reason, then there's nothing that can be done since the data is truly gone.

Have you been playing on this character mostly as a client in multiplayer? If so, you've been playing on your partner's world, which can make your character "go further" than your actual world progress! You may ask them to send you their world file, and you can use that just as you would one of your backups. Skipping the quests is safe if you prefer to do that!