Local co-op on 2 computers?

Tibbysan

Green Slime
There's a "hidden hack" to allow for local co-op using multiple windows. We'll make this hack official and accessible through the menus one day, but for now you need to use chat commands and add a file into your steam game folder.

Also, it's not possible for both players to share a keyboard - you'll need a gamepad for the second player. This must either be a 360 controller, or one that can be emulated as such (PS3 controllers for example)

1) Drop the attached file into your Secrets of Grindea install folder (Steam/steamapps/common/SecretsOfGrindea). This will allow you to open up multiple instances of the game.
2) Open up two windows of the game
3) Host a multiplayer game in one of the windows
4) Instead of an IP address, join localhost with the other window - this will connect the computer to itself
5) With the desired input selected for Player 1, type "/lockinput". This will make the game ignore any other input devices
6) Switch to the other window and make it recognize the controller by pressing start, and then type "/lockinput" in the chat
7) You can now control both windows at once

Note: due to how Windows handle input messages, the game window controlled by keyboard must have focus. The gamepad overrides all this and can control the game despite it not being selected!
I still hope that this will be a thing! <3

Tadpole

Green Slime
I Just bought this game, and I was really looking forward to playing it in multiplayer. I knew that local co-op wasn't supported, but then I did some research this morning I found this post here. I'm glad I found it, because this made me buy the game finally.

I just wanted to say that I agree with Tibbisan, I hope that the menu will offer access to local co-op natively later, not just via an official "hidden hack". But meanwhile, the "hidden hack" works just fine. The only problem I spotted is that, in my monitor is impossible to play two instances of the game with windows 2x the original size, and the original size is just to much work for the eyes. It's tough to read and just too small. It would be nice if there was a more flexible option for windowed resolutions, because the native original windowed resolution of the game gives me just too much unused space on my desktop, I could definitely make my windows bigger, but not 2x the original size tough.

Anyway, thanks for this game, I'm having a blast so far with my brother :)

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
^
Plugging another monitor (or TV screen, which is more likely available) might be an option.

Well, actually if it's possible to play fullscreen on two monitors, that's technically split-screen, right?

Tadpole

Green Slime
^
Plugging another monitor (or TV screen, which is more likely available) might be an option.

Well, actually if it's possible to play fullscreen on two monitors, that's technically split-screen, right?
Sure, you're absolutely right about this, but I can't afford this right now ^^"

talos91

Green Slime
Amazing, definitely a must buy for me now, you should definitely add this to an update natively without the need for a hack, a lot of people enjoy 4 player local coop games.

Last edited:

talos91

Green Slime
If you use the apps border stripper and winsplit you can have Splitscreen that uses all the screen:

Attachments

• grindea.png
    grindea.png
    345.8 KB · Views: 24