Character Reverted to Level 6 in Tai Ming HELP!

Madcuzbad

Green Slime
Upgraded to Frontline for more content. I got to Tai Ming last night at level 26 and saved the game. Logged on 15 min ago to play and my character is reverted back to level 6 at the Tai Ming checkpoint. All my gear and cards I've collected (all cards up to Tai Ming) are gone. Farmed gold, gone. Is there a fix for this or am I screwed? My progress in Arcade Mode has not altered. Please help!

Attachments

• Tai Ming.PNG
    Tai Ming.PNG
    12.1 KB · Views: 1

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
That's quite the time jump! With some luck you can restore your character from a backup though

Here's how to do that:

In the file explorer, go into %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea and find the Backups folder. In here you should see folders named after all your characters. Go into the appropriate folder. The auto 0-4 are rolling backups. Sort the folder by date to easily see which of them was made last! The “005h” and alike are permanent backups made every hour.

Choose a backup you think is appropriate, and copy it to the “Characters” and/or “Worlds” folders. Replace the save file of the slot you want to recover by deleting its save and renaming the copied backup to the correct slot. The 0 save file corresponds to your first save slot, 1 to the second, and so forth.

Hope you manage to save your dude!

Madcuzbad

Green Slime
That's quite the time jump! With some luck you can restore your character from a backup though

Here's how to do that:

In the file explorer, go into %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea and find the Backups folder. In here you should see folders named after all your characters. Go into the appropriate folder. The auto 0-4 are rolling backups. Sort the folder by date to easily see which of them was made last! The “005h” and alike are permanent backups made every hour.

Choose a backup you think is appropriate, and copy it to the “Characters” and/or “Worlds” folders. Replace the save file of the slot you want to recover by deleting its save and renaming the copied backup to the correct slot. The 0 save file corresponds to your first save slot, 1 to the second, and so forth.

Hope you manage to save your dude!

Thanks for the reply Teddy! I actually looked through the forums and found that fix, however the only save files that I have in there that is viable is a world save, for some reason my CHR save isn't time stamped the same day and time as my World Save. So it's pulling the data from the old character file. All the other saves are all dated for yesterday within minutes of eachother, at the time I logged on to see the issue. Is there a server backup file for this or am I completely down the river without a paddle? I spent many hours fighting RNG for some of the cards and I don't know if I have to drive to do it all over again :-/

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Oh, that sucks. I wonder why the cha-files specifically stopped saving suddenly :(

All saves are stored locally so unfortunately, if the files are missing from your machine they aren't anywhere else. If you want to save yourself some pain replaying the game, you can use the debug command "/setlevel 26" in the chat to get your level back - though as you say, the cards are gone (honestly maybe there should be a debug command for getting those as well)

Sorry about this!

Madcuzbad

Green Slime
Thats ok! Thanks for the tip though Teddy. I will do that just to make the card farming less painful. I farmed them all out at level so at 26 it'll be better lol.