Search results

1. AaronJY

Mmo?

Turning what's already planned to be a single-player/co-op game into an MMO will require a complete redesign of 90% of the game's mechanics. Although the idea of turning something as epic as SoG into something even bigger is pretty sweet...in the real world it's just not going to happen (any...
  2. AaronJY

JS/HTML5 Top-Down Game Engine

Update #2 Thanks to some help from a friend the tileset functions that were playing up are now working properly. It was down to the math (unsurprisingly) but everything looks good to go now. I'm now going to swiftly work on loading saved levels and then that should be it for the level editor...
  3. AaronJY

Simple Savefile Manager

Yeah, poorly documented libraries make me cry. If you're going to go through the process of making a useful library the least you can do is document it properly, right? xD
  4. AaronJY

Simple Savefile Manager

Yeah, using a library would be a better method. Here's one I've found through a quick Google search: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/7530/Zip-Utils-clean-elegant-simple-C-Win It actually tells you on the page how to use it in your project:
  5. AaronJY

(Forums) Shrink the size of the SoG logo on mobile devices

When viewing the forums on a mobile device the SoG logo appears slightly bigger than the width of page so you can horizontally scroll to the right when you shouldn't be able to. I've attached a screenshot of my phone screen that shows what I mean in the likely circumstance that nobody knows...
  6. AaronJY

Simple Savefile Manager

I'm currently running a 64-bit Windows version so I can't tell you this for certain, but I'm pretty confident that if users install a 32-bit version of 7Zip on their machine (which will be stored under "C:\Program Files (x86)\") your program won't pick it up. Make sure you do a programmed scan...
  7. AaronJY

Keep doing what you're doing and challenging yourself and you'll get there eventually :)
  8. AaronJY

In regards to the issue I'm having with converting tileset co-ordinates to a tile ID, I'm not too sure what's causing the problem. Initially I thought it might have something to do with the position of your mouse relative to the div containing the image, but I'm pretty sure that's not what's...
  9. AaronJY

Update #1 Made some updates to the level editor. It's not finished yet (and I've managed to spot a couple of bugs while making this update so I've got that to work on now too) but it's getting there. New features Saving levels. You can now save a level using the level editor by clicking "Save...
  10. AaronJY

Simple Savefile Manager

Erm, not quite...something like this would suffice: Obviously the "new features" and "bug fixes" items that I've given are completely bogus, but you should get the idea. It just lets people know exactly what changes have been made.
  11. AaronJY

Simple Savefile Manager

This is pretty cool. Nice to see helpful developers popping up already :) Just a suggestion though: When you make an update and post the new version here, take some time to explain what the update is and the new features it brings. It's all well and good adding in helpful bits and bobs but I'd...
  12. AaronJY

HNNNNNNNNNNNG

HNNNNNNNNNNNG
  13. AaronJY

I started working on a 2D, top-down game engine in JS/HTML5 yesterday evening and I've gotten pretty far with it over the past 24~ hours. I've not programmed a game using JS/HTML5 before however so this whole OO-JavaScript aproach is new to me. Regardless, I feel I'm doing a pretty good job so...
  14. AaronJY

[Visual] Skill Ring and Shadow from Cloud Strike or Pets beneath GUN-D4M room floor

Where abouts is it clipping through in that picture because I can't see it xD
  15. AaronJY

[Gameplay]Remedi in Pumpkin Woods or in his Shop, not both

This came across my mind while I was typing my previous reply it sort of replaces a hole with another hole. Unless a portable stand or a bag or something was moved to his location in the pumpkin woods to show that he's brought his stock with his, it'll be like watching him pull items from...
  16. AaronJY

[Gameplay]Remedi in Pumpkin Woods or in his Shop, not both

That would make more sense, but the idea is that you shouldn't be forced to complete side-quests in SoG at any point; you're free to make your own decisions on which quests you want to complete. If he was only available in the woods while this quest was active then you're going to have to...
  17. AaronJY

[Gameplay] Game refuses to start

I believe it's called "Sod's Law" haha. At least it's fixed now anyway :)
  18. AaronJY

Reverting back to the 'normal' version might have done it, though probably internet demons.
  19. AaronJY

That's strange. I think it might be best to wait for School Flunkie to come to your rescue since he's the one behind the code. If it's not something to do with SoG though then I'm not really sure what else it could be, since (like I said) Windows usually gives you some kind of explanation if it...
  20. AaronJY

That's....weird. You said you upgraded to the front-line version last night so perhaps the problem lies with the front-line version? Can you try switching back to the 'normal' version and then running it again if you've not done that already?