A crash and a failed backup

Right, so I’ve been playing the arcade mode a lot recently, but this morning when I opened it up to play I found the game had completely restarted, no buildings, no progress, nothing. After taking a moment to consult the forums I opened up the files and replaced the arcade save file with ones from the arcade backup. This did not help, my arcade mode was still reset even after I tried several backups. I think I should also note that my backup files say they haven’t been modified since 2021/05/15. Is there anything else I can do?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
That sucks :( Hopefully we can fix it! Though the old age of the backups sounds pretty weird.

It could be some issues with Steam Cloud potentially. To disable Steam Cloud for the game, go into your Steam Library, right click the game and choose Properties. Go to the Updates tab and make sure the Steam Cloud checkbox at the bottom is unchecked!

That sucks :( Hopefully we can fix it! Though the old age of the backups sounds pretty weird.

It could be some issues with Steam Cloud potentially. To disable Steam Cloud for the game, go into your Steam Library, right click the game and choose Properties. Go to the Updates tab and make sure the Steam Cloud checkbox at the bottom is unchecked!
No dice, I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and used the older files on the cloud but it’s still gone (rip ‘dragon’). Thanks for trying to help though