A New Adventurer Approaches!

EnchantPlatinum

Green Slime
Hi everybody, this is certainly the first game I had any interest in, forum-wise.
I have 95%ed my save file with the Tai Ming frontline. Not a big Card-Hunter, I am satisfied with Items and an occasional Card-Farm if I feel awfully dreary. My passion is probably playing with numbers and statistics which I will start doing upon meeting some arbitrary Hrs-Played milestone (Most likely).

A teeny bit about myself:
1)One of my hobbies is YouTube and I have a few Grindea videos there (Same name).
2)I adore the community aspect of RPG games
3)Feel free to contact me, I am always up for friendly chit chat with fellow Collectors.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Welcome to the Forums! :D This was my first time I really got involved with a community as well, and I'd have to say this is a great place to start out. It's normally pretty quiet, so keeping up with all threads (if you want to) isn't a big issue. Having said that, there has been an update recently, and idle chit-chat tends to escalate into loads of bug reports, feedback and suggestions for a few days, although it seems to have died down now. The community is relatively small, with only a few people coming back somewhat regularly to post on things (one of them being myself), and very friendly.

What sort of numbers and statistics are you thinking of looking into? Annoyingly many aspects of the game are matters of opinion and constructive debates rather than numbers, but occasionally you can prove your point with a few stats. I'm looking to conduct a full on scientific test into whether 2H is more powerful than 1H, but unfortunately I need the devs to fix a few things with the Arcade /seed command to make it fair.

EnchantPlatinum

Green Slime
G, I see you on here all the time and I like your videos as well, super happy you were the one to reply :D.

My shtick is probably analytics and statistic analysis. I.e. the objective value of farming pet food vs. buying potions via basic risk-reward calculation.
or overanalysis so stuff like the value of a slime based on it's drops sell value and utility vs purchasable utility items.

It might be sort of a waste of time in the amount it helps the community but I just like playing with values.

Btw, on the down-low, I would love to help you out with the 1h vs 2h thing if you ever need manpower for research.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Thanks man, appreciate it :D The YouTube is kind of a side job that I do when I feel like it's necessary, since I didn't feel I could commit to it. All the best of luck to you though, don't let my attitude stop you!

That stuff sounds cool, actually. I rarely tend to consider money because I often end up with butt tonnes of it one way or another, and rarely buy much past completing the Exam. But still, thinking of enemies and grinding areas in terms of money rather than loot or EXP is a neat idea, and would be interesting to know, even if it's not particularly practical :p

Sadly, the way I have the test planned is to take the average times it takes to complete a room for 1H and 2H on the same seed. Judging by your profile post, if I'm going to be taking room times all the way to the end of the mode, I don't think you're cut out for the job, sorry :( On another note, to make it a fair test, it'll more accurate if a single person runs the test... me :p

[Edit]: Oh, I also forgot to refer you to this article here on how to use the Forums. Might be of use to you :)

EnchantPlatinum

Green Slime
I suppose I kinda figured that the Arcade thing wasn't really for me. Honestly, I think I would probably use a different method for deciding which is better but then again I am kinda new here. Either way, If you need help with anything else, feel free to send me a message.
I am still trying to get better at arcade mode though and I'm working out a 1h-Summoning build that has taken me further than ever. The boars are literally Satan though :bag:.

Thanks for the article btw, good stuff to know.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
The thing is, I've already done some calculations involving damage, attack speed and the pixel area affected by an attack in this thread here, but really the best way to test anything is in the environment where it is going to be used. With this test, I'm directly comparing the two times with minimal other variables introduced and in the mode where it's most likely going to make a big difference. (It also just happens that it automatically times the rooms for me).

If you've got any suggestions though, do speak up. I'm always up for another opinion :p

EnchantPlatinum

Green Slime
I have a matematician's syndrome of being too lazy to brute force research. Call me a slacker, (wouldn't fight you on that) but I tend to research like... all aspects of a weapon. My problem is that the skills are tricky as far as 1h vs 2h. Even within a "hand class" there are different builds that can't be compared objectively.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
The reason I was researching the base damages is because if there's an underlying difference between the base damages you can do with each type of weapon, it has a knock on effect on the amount of damage each skill does. I guess then the damage each skill does could just be modified to compensate, but also it has an effect on which weapon players choose at the start of the game.

I went for 1H because of the fast and regular attacks, as oppose to staggered, stronger attacks that you reposition for, but it feels like I set myself up for a harder game. Now I've had decent practice with both of them, I find it hard to see why 1H base attacks are very good at all, especially when you can shield cancel with 2H.