Adding a bit more information to the world map / avoiding "What am I missing?"

Own

upload_2016-5-1_10-50-25.png

Rough mockup as usual, but a lot of people are never quite sure what they're missing in the game given the vague 'Completion %' on their save file. Most players go forever without getting Remedi's quest, or they don't realize there's another section to Mt. Bloom because it never informs them that a new area has opened up once they get the final item for the cave goblins.

Seems all that would be solved by adding additional information to the bottom of the world map.

Cards:
Chests: (including things like the arena challenge rewards, or Robin's quiver - but excluding treasure map spots)
Quest Givers: (max number to be increased as new quests appear via story progress)
Drops:
Fish:

You could go a step further and make it so that places that aren't 100% have red dots, but places that do have 100% have green dots on the world map.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Yeah, great idea. I've seen this in another game I've played, and it's hecka helpful to know if you've 100%ed each area individually. Thumbs up from me :D

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
You could go a step further and make it so that places that aren't 100% have red dots, but places that do have 100% have green dots on the world map.

Own's suggestions: triggering completionist OCDs since 2013!

Reactions: Own

Own

After some thought, a 'Pet' icon for the areas with pets available might be needed too. Since they contribute to completion %. Areas without pets or fish probably don't need the icons listed either. :p

Pharphis

Rabby
I don't think it would have to be too specific, tbh. One icon for "treasure", another for "quests", and another for something else "?" (for secrets and miscellaneous and pets?) is probably sufficient