Arcade mode Highscores

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Wait, although I've been complaining about how bad I am at arcade...

index.php

28th on Steam baby! Better watch out @Own, I'm on your tail ;)

After the Steam release, my score went massively down the leaderboards. It's taken me until now to get back up to and past that position:

own.png

May the "being on @Own's tail" finally resume

Ardeof

Rabby

I've had a couple of very close Arcade Runs that could have easily went over the current Highscore. Once I begin doing the grind of Essences, there's a solid chance the Highscore will break at least once. I'm not heavily concerned about Highscores at this point though, there are going to be additions to Arcade Mode (as well as Story Mode :D) and hopefully the difficulty will increase as well.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
hopefully the difficulty will increase as well.
I'd rather the difficulty be stabilised to be honest. I shouldn't be getting a mixture of Bs and As in the Flying Fortress when I can get all S ranks in every room in the Season Temple. Knights and mages are a walk in the park compared to guardians. I just so wish everything had a stunlock of some kind.

To be honest, if I could be bothered to learn attack patterns and play like I'm playing for highscore not amusement, I could probably get at least another 50,000 on my best.

Essence has lost all meaning to me now. As soon as I got those upgrade slots it's just another useless bi-product to be wasted on hats I'm never gonna use :p I still haven't come up with a decent idea to replace the upgrades making the good get better either. :/

Either way, an update is an update, and it normally brings a whole host of bug fixes and changes too, which is the part I'll be looking forward to! ^-^

Ardeof

Rabby
I'd rather the difficulty be stabilised to be honest. I shouldn't be getting a mixture of Bs and As in the Flying Fortress when I can get all S ranks in every room in the Season Temple. Knights and mages are a walk in the park compared to guardians. I just so wish everything had a stunlock of some kind.

Difficulty should increase as the levels go higher. If you're getting B's and A's in Flying Fortress, then you've yet to figure out how one of the creatures in that mode work. :p

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
If you're getting B's and A's in Flying Fortress, then you've yet to figure out how one of the creatures in that mode work.
Srsly, I know how they work, I just really don't want to have to use a warrior spirit build to kill them quickly enough. Flamethrower has a good range and kills them nice and quickly. Whirlslash also has a nice range and almost guarantees two hits with silver charge. Blade flurry, which I often use for stunlocking, has a small but long cone of effect, and you can't stun guardians in it. If they happen to laser around the room it takes me 8 seconds to kill one because a 1H build relies on lots of attacks doing less damage than less attacks doing a lot more damage. There's a one in two chance my whole bronze blade flurry hits and then I can attack cancel out of it to finish it off, but they move so quickly and have no stunlock that it's only a 1 in two chance.

I can get S ranks there, but only in very specific situations where I tend to take a massive risk (like letting a brawler bot punch me and using silver change dodging strike and just happening to stun everything in the room with the return strike.) The thing I'm getting at is the Flying Fortress is the only place I get Bs and Cs in the whole of arcade mode. Everywhere else is almost always S ranks, the occasional A and rarely a B. It's not my skill, it's not my build, it's the mode :p

Last edited:

tkld178

Rabby
That feeling when you get 15 magic attack off of max possible magic through drops in a run but you mess it up early so you end up with only 1.39m in score cuz you've just kind of given up near the middle. Only things I did not have was the guardian card and a second wisp 25 magic attack trinket from actual drops and not item pool. I did not have any attack pots either which led to a bad final fight but man, if i just played a little better i could have gotten s-rank all. Could might be a little strong but these are the runs you get and you gotta capitalize on them when you do.

Ikomu

Green Slime
I still thoroughly enjoy this game especially after the new arcade mode release. The devs have really outdone themselves this time. Thought I'd share my highscore here, currently #7 in the arcade rankings.
07HSSoG.png

My replay is available in the arcade cinema, I've also got some runs available on my Twitch
If anyone is up for some coop play feel free to contact me. (contacts can be found on my Twitchpage)

h0ffi`

Green Slime
hey guys,
whats the matter with the score-percentages?! i just played a S-only game and didnt even get near 4,x million :-/
only found the treats to lower the score.

Ikomu

Green Slime
Muffins' treats make the game easier so they lower your score, while Candys' curses make the game more difficult thus giving you a bonus% to improve your score. Best of luck to you fellow Grindean,,