[BETA-COMMAND] Crit Chance doesn't go down after respec

Teylor

Green Slime
Hey there,

Just used the respec option in stable beta to test out all skills/talents and when you level up crit chance and respec, it doesnt go down. I had over 50% crit chance and wondered why the arena seemed so easy now.

But when you save & quit, the crit chance goes down, so it's no heavy bug, just wanted to report.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Thank you.
That bug is known, and will propably not be fixed as the commands are just for raw testing purposes and will likely be removed when the game is fully released.

DrSuccessful

Green Slime
I actually just ran into this last night as well since I was doing hardmode on my first playthough. After changing my build time and time again, I saw that I was reaching over 90% crit chance on my character. After some personal testing, it is not just crit chance that is affected, but the base stats as well. When ANY unconditional stat-altering passive is applied and a /respec command is given, none of the values go down. I tested the same with EP and HP after the screenshot was taken and I made my total EP a flat 400 before I got tired of it. As is stated above, this is a non-issue since the /respec command won't be a feature at some point, but I thought it was interesting to note.
ss+(2015-08-28+at+08.50.41).png

Last edited:

d_nlo

Rabby
Whenever I use the /respec command, the damage from Arcane Charge increases when using with Berserker Style.
I don't know exactly what is going on, but, I guess it has something to do with the /respec command.
Also, I don't think that Berserker Style should trigger Arcane Charge, but, it does.

Video that shows how much my damage has increased after some /respec:

The damage gets back to normal after restarting the game.

Neegoo

Green Slime
Whenever I use the /respec command, the damage from Arcane Charge increases when using with Berserker Style.
I don't know exactly what is going on, but, I guess it has something to do with the /respec command.
Also, I don't think that Berserker Style should trigger Arcane Charge, but, it does.

Video that shows how much my damage has increased after some /respec:

The damage gets back to normal after restarting the game.

I'm confirming this bug, except it happens with anything! For example, if I put 5 skill points into my Frosty creature summon (sorry I forgot his name!), and then /respec, then add 5 more points, I'll have gold charge for that spell available, even though visually on the skills menu it only shows the skill is level 5.

This seems to apply to any skill and talent. I had been using /respec quite often to the point that I realized my crit chance was above 60% and my magic damage, even after the respec and having no bonus magic attack from equipment, was over 200.
Like d_nlo said, the only way I know to fix it and "reset" my stats and skills back to normal is by quitting the game and then going back in.

If any more details are needed, please let me know. I love this game to heart and am willing to help!