Beta FAQ ~Ask your questions here~

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
This is a thread where we will try to answer all short/simple questions about the beta and its current content. If you're unsure about anything, ask away here!

People answering questions should use spoiler tags (insert>spoiler) if giving things away, like how to solve puzzles/find chickens/access chests. Things that would spoil the fun for anyone not looking for that answer!

------------------------------

Q: How long is the current beta?
A:
Current Story Mode should take approx. 2 hours to get through if you're rushing past all optional content. Getting full completion (doing all side-quests, challenges, mini-games, etc) seems to take anywhere between 5-8 hours, but it will depend a lot on your skill level.

Arcade Mode currently has 8 floors which are randomly generated and has a number of city upgrades to unlock.

Q: How long will the game be when it's finished?
A:
We think the main quest will take about 8 hours to rush through when everything is complete. Getting full completion in Story Mode will probably take around 30 hours.

Arcade mode will have about 24 floors and more town upgrades!

Q: How often is the beta updated?
A: Depends on which version you use:

The Stable beta is the one you're using by default. This will be updated episodically, whenever enough content has been implemented and tested by those that use the Frontline version. Updates to this version will likely occur every 1-3 months and could include things like new areas, a bunch of quests, new systems.. Things like that.

The Frontline beta is only available on Steam (see how to access it here) and will be updated more regularly, like every 1-2 weeks. It's more unstable, since these changes are mostly untested except by us, but you'll receive new content faster.

Q: Will my characters be wiped on release?
A: There won't be a wipe, at least not if we can avoid it. Sometimes severe measures are needed (like if there's a crazy bug and the only way to fix it is to do something that will reset save files), but let's hope for the best!

Q: I heard there will be a housing system! How will that work? Can I use the housing items I found yet?
A: Yes, Secrets of Grindea will have a housing system where you can decorate your home and show it off to your friends. You'll find housing items throughout the game, both as Arcade Mode rewards and here and there in Story Mode. We're still making progress with this, so housing items are something you should hold onto for now!

Q: I can't hand in the amulet/Amalet to Quinton! How do I complete the quest?
A:
You have completed it, it just doesn't update! This is the final step of the main story quest line so far. You will be able to continue the story when we add more of it to the game!

Q: Is there a way to battle the bosses again? I need some of their loot!
A:
Not currently, but we're working on a 'Memory Room' in the HQ where you'll be able to challenge defeated bosses again.

Q: How do I use the saplings/sprouts that grow here and there?
A: You can't do that right now, it will be implemented in a later patch!

Q: How do I get across small streams of water, it looks like I should be able to do something!
A: That's also something you'll figure out later on, once we implement the thing that's required.. :)

Last edited:

Eriktion

Green Slime
i completed the arcade mode quest in wich you just had to buy the medicine

what was the reward of that quest? i just saw a barrel-icon but i dont get what changed

~~~

having much fun
2 friends of mine bought the game instantly after seeing it

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
It's a beer barrel for your house (which is not in the game yet :( ). You can look at in your inventory. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

raggeboi

Green Slime
Hello.

How do you reach this chest? Feels like i have tried everything.

10259878_239432416245198_2984292639555705782_n.jpg

Regards,
raggeboi.

Mikoshiba

Green Slime
Wipe on full release?!

Will you just be putting a portion of your game in the beta then release all the content when released or will you progress with the beta content?

PS my wording is so off right now I have not slept in 2 days lol

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
There are two different versions of the beta, the Stable beta and the Frontline beta.

The Stable beta is the one you're using by default. This will be updated episodically, whenever enough content has been implemented and tested by those that use the Frontline version. Updates to this version will likely occur every 1-3 months and could include things like new areas, a bunch of quests, new systems.. Things like that.

The Frontline beta is only available on Steam (see how to access it here) and will be updated more regularly, like every 1-2 weeks. It's more unstable, since these changes are mostly untested except by us, but you'll receive new content faster.

Updates will continue like this until the game is complete. There won't be a wipe, at least not if we can avoid it! Sometimes severe measures are needed (like if there's a crazy bug and the only way to fix it is to do something that will reset savefiles), but let's hope for the best!

Edit: I'll add this to the main post. Thanks for your question!

Mikoshiba

Green Slime
I did try the frontline beta before I couldn't see a difference only in my % fo completion I am not sure what the difference in the two are at the moment.

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
Right now there is no difference, as we only just released the stable version! We simply haven't had the time to make another update yet :D

When we patch the next time, only the Frontline version should get updated.

Sharlow

Green Slime
Are elite monsters in Story mode, outside of the one haunted woods quest? Or are they only an arcade thing ATM?

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
Are elite monsters in Story mode, outside of the one haunted woods quest? Or are they only an arcade thing ATM?
Right now they only appear in that quest, but we'll be adding random elite mobs in a coming update!

Sunnieh

Green Slime
Hello there.

Does the game just Support the XBox 360 Controller? Mine Speedlink Strike² Controller doesnt work or i make something wrong?! >.<

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
Hello there.

Does the game just Support the XBox 360 Controller? Mine Speedlink Strike² Controller doesnt work or i make something wrong?! >.<
Right now we only have native support for 360 controllers, but you could try looking at this thread to see if any of their solutions help. :(

eLeMeN

Green Slime
Hi team!

Is there any way to reset your skill points? (Bronze or Silver?) If there isn't, that would be a good idea. That way, each player can try several skill combinations until he or she finds one he plays the best with.

The real reason behind my question/suggestion is that the ultimate mega slime (or whatever) is kicking my ass, and after creating a new character, I found other skills that, if leveled, may suit my playstile better.

Thank you for your great game and keep up the good work!

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
You can reset skillpoints in the beta by pressing enter and typing /respec
This won't be a feature in the final version though, we still haven't figured out exactly how to deal with resetting skill points but it probably won't be that easy on release!