[Bug] Sequence breaking through out of bounds in Tai Ming

CataclysmG

Green Slime
Alright, I've been playing for about 6 or 7 hours straight now and I've (un)fortunately hit a bug.

In the present of Tai Ming, you can find the entrance to the place where artifacts are kept (forgot the name because I'm a genius) and you're supposed to walk up and interact with it to progress the quest and go see Tessen about entering it. However, that's not exactly what I did. I've been using Piercing Dash (charge level 2) to mobilize myself further. Dashing up to the door prior to activating the quest, I managed to dash right through it and into the chamber. Not expecting this to happen, I watched the cutscene of the rifts outside disappearing, then I left myself to progress the quest and avoid sequence breaking. Upon exiting, I got the quest and then realized the rifts were, in fact, gone. This left me sitting in front of the door with no way to the past of Tai Ming. If I leave the area, I'm not sure I'll be able to return to Tai Ming at all, and if I do, the rifts will not respawn. I also have not manually saved since I started playing this morning.

Attached is a photo of my current situation. The emotion does not represent me at the moment.unknown.png

Edit: Saving and exiting then re-entering the world didn't change the situation. As good a time as ever to grind cards.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hello and thanks for the report!

This is unfortunately a softlock, which sucks, but hopefully you'll be able to restore a save backup without losing too much time! Since character and world saves are separate, you can restore a backup without losing any items or experience.

Here's how to restore a backup:

In the file explorer, go into %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea and find the Backups folder. In here you should see folders named after all your characters. Go into the appropriate folder. The auto 0-4 are rolling backups. Sort the folder by date to easily see which of them was made last! The “005h” and alike are permanent backups made every hour.

Choose a backup you think is appropriate (= made before you dashed through the door), and copy it to the “Worlds” folder. Replace the save file of the slot you want to recover by deleting its save and renaming the copied backup to the correct slot. The 0 save file corresponds to your first save slot, 1 to the second, and so forth.

When you've managed to restore a backup from before the glitch, continue playing from there!

(I'm looking forward to finally having this bug fixed the next update!)