Co-op still with constant disconnects after ton of fixes

viniciuskk

Green Slime
Heya. Me and a friend bought Grindea yesterday, but even after opening port 6000, disabling public and private firewalls, disabling anti-virus and enabling UPnP, we can connect, only to be kicked out a few seconds after of each other's games through Steam.

If we use IP connect through Hamachi, the connection lasts about a minute or two tops. No lag is observed, we live in different towns, but it's just a 55 min car ride.

The screenshots below are in portuguese.

"Habilitado" stands for Enabled
"Todos" stands for All
"Porta interna" -> Internal port
"Endereço ip " -> IP address

http://puu.sh/mHQGE/726e957826.jpg

http://puu.sh/mHQJ2/650faa0927.png

Is there anything else I can try?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Connecting through Steam? The only reason such guides are here is because back in the day, the beta was not available on Steam. Now it is, and its multiplayer functionality is working fine :p

viniciuskk

Green Slime
Whaat! What's up with the constant disconnects then :( Should I undo all the changes?
Steam connection is the most buggy for me. Can you or someone else add me on Steam so I can try connecting? :<

It's XLR83

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Whaat! What's up with the constant disconnects then :( Should I undo all the changes?
Steam connection is the most buggy for me. Can you or someone else add me on Steam so I can try connecting? :<

It's XLR83
Have you tried undoing all the stuff and connecting via steam again? Sometimes you just need to restart your computer and it works. :p I don't know much about server problems so that's all help I can give. XD

viniciuskk

Green Slime
It does connect, but there's unbeareable lag through Steam. I assume it's because the Steam server for Grindea must be awfully far from where I live (Brazil). Hamachi seems like my only option now, but whenever my friend connects, I get disconnected from Steam and it's chat, as if my internet went down. The hell?

He connects to me through my IPv4 address, not Hamachi's IP because for some reason it doesn't work. (But it has to be turned on to connect through the IPv4).

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
It's connected through steam, but to the hosts computer. This means it'll go through whichever port Steam uses and simply makes the connection more direct. If neither of your internets are very good, you might have a hard time playing :/