[Crash] Demo: UI Freezing During Character Creation

evalca

Green Slime
Hi there! I was very interested in your game so I downloaded the demo, but when I start a new game up and proceed to character creation the UI freezes, rendering the game unplayable or interactable. The sound still persists, though, and when I enter in keys sounds are still registered. However, I have to do a ctrl+alt+delete and force the game to close.

Computer Specs:
  • Windows 10, 64 bit
  • 8 GB RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
  • Intel Core i5-3570 @ 3.4 GHz

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Hi there! I was very interested in your game so I downloaded the demo, but when I start a new game up and proceed to character creation the UI freezes, rendering the game unplayable or interactable. The sound still persists, though, and when I enter in keys sounds are still registered. However, I have to do a ctrl+alt+delete and force the game to close.

Computer Specs:
  • Windows 10, 64 bit
  • 8 GB RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
  • Intel Core i5-3570 @ 3.4 GHz
Are you playing on Fullscreen or in Windowed mode?

evalca

Green Slime
So, it seemed like this was resolved if I exited out of a program called EVGA PrecisionX... I also tried bunch of other stuff like verifying the game cache, reinstalling XNA, checking for updates, etc. etc., but this is what fixed it for me. It seemed like the game was still "running" but it wasn't able to render.