[CRASH] Game Crashes on Launch

Gorgeenie

Green Slime
Whenever I attempt to launch Secret of Grindea, the game crashes on launch.

Version: Frontline.

Here is the crash log below:

Version: Auto Unstable

Error: System.ArgumentException: Absolute path information is required.
at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath)
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String path)
at System.Environment.InternalGetFolderPath(SpecialFolder folder, SpecialFolderOption option, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Environment.GetFolderPath(SpecialFolder folder)
at SoG.Game1.Initialize() in (path)\Game1.cs:line 370 - FullScreen: No - NetworkRole: LocalOnly - MD5: 78b3bb4616d0aeace6eb8a2b1cd73d12

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hey! Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

You could try running the game as administrator and see if that helps, and if it doesn't, try create the following folders manually:

In your Documents folder, create a "Secrets of Grindea"-folder
In that new folder, create a "Languages"-folder

Then try to launch the game again!

Gorgeenie

Green Slime
Hey! Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

You could try running the game as administrator and see if that helps, and if it doesn't, try create the following folders manually:

In your Documents folder, create a "Secrets of Grindea"-folder
In that new folder, create a "Languages"-folder

Then try to launch the game again!
Hi Teddy,

I have tried the two methods described above and I am still experiencing the same crash issue with the same crash log. Is there anything you would recommend doing now?

Marioalexsan

Green Slime
That exception is coming deep from Microsoft's own code. It doesn't seem like it should get thrown in a normal scenario.
What operating system are you using?