(CRASH) Game Does not launch Error!!

Rockatansky

Green Slime
Just so you know, my PC is in french,

This is what is under the General tab in the Event viewer after i tried running the game

Application Error

Nom de l’application défaillante Secrets Of Grindea.exe, version : 1.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x55bf7ab7
Nom du module défaillant : KERNELBASE.dll, version : 10.0.10240.16384, horodatage : 0x559f3b2a
Code d’exception : 0xe0434352
Décalage d’erreur : 0x000b3e28
ID du processus défaillant : 0x2240
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d0db768822d1e5
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : D:\Steam\steamapps\common\SecretsOfGrindea\Secrets Of Grindea.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
ID de rapport : ee9e8d8d-9266-4d97-aa0b-2ffd43cafe07

Net Runtime. Error

Application : Secrets Of Grindea.exe
Version du Framework : v4.0.30319
Description : le processus a été arrêté en raison d'une exception non gérée.
Informations sur l'exception : System.BadImageFormatException
Pile :
à SoG.SteamworksMan+CSteamData..ctor()
à SoG.SteamworksMan.Init()
à SoG.Program.Main(System.String[])

Also, i don't know where i can find the DxDiag file

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
My French isn't that good but I think I'll manage :D

To generate a dxdiag file, start the program by typing dxdiag in the start menu and pressing enter. When the program is started, there should be a button saying something like "Save All Information" (but in French probably). This will save a huge diagnostic file.

You said you're currently on Win10, but is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
If you try to start the standalone demo again, does it give you a new error message in the event viewer? That one seems to belong to the Steam version!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I have on more thing that I'd like you to try! After googling some on the error I found that for many people the same error message was solved by replacing a corrupt DirectX-file.

http://www.m3fe.com/files/d3dx9_31.zip

Download and extract that file, and then go into Windows/System32 and replace the existing dll with that one! If you're unsure, you can rename the old file in case you want to revert the change.

Micahh

Green Slime
having the same issue here, as an added bonus to my issue it only happens in frontline, not in stable, also it appears that the game is starting but appears to be self terminating before the window actually appears, though I have not fully tested it.