Crash, Of a sort

Killfish

Green Slime
I have never played the game before, ever. Never installed it or the demo. Never even saw the game until an hour or two before I posted when I bought, installed, and tried to launch the game.

I tried the fixes in that post, deleted the config file in the %appdata% folder. Again no dice. Also, added game to antivirus exceptions, also didn't work.

Props

Rabby
Okay, good. Don't worry man, I'll help you get this running, as this game is kick-ass, even in it's current state of beta.

Now, here's my next question: Computer specs, OS (Windows XP, Vista, 7, etc...32 or 64bit). Memory, 2gb, 4, 6, 8...., processor....AMD, Intel...Video card...
Just follow the instructions on the image below.
Dxdiag Instructions.jpg
Go ahead and either paste the results here or share the file. If you paste the results here, prior to doing so, go ahead and remove all of the clutter from the document, such as registry keys and file locations. You'll see what I mean.

Killfish

Green Slime
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_inmarket.160222-1549)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
BIOS: F5
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8020MB RAM
Page File: 4917MB used, 4382MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.10586.0000 64bit Unicode

Here you go! Thanks so much for the help so far btw, you're awesome!

Video card is a GTX 980, with latest drivers

Props

Rabby
Okay, while I don't have windows 10, my fiance does. I'm installing Steam on her laptop, to see if it's a windows 10 specific problem or not. In the meantime, I've found a few problems/solutions regarding windows 10 related startup issues.

http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/i...nt-launch-after-upgrading-to-windows-10.5088/

Why don't you go ahead and check the compatibility tab mentioned in the thread above. Usually, by default on a 64bit system, you can find your Steam games directory here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SecretsOfGrindea\

Now locate SecretsofGrindea.exe, right click and go to properties. Goto the compatibility tab....

Go ahead and mess around with other compatibility options. First, I'd uncheck everything dealing with compatibility, and enable options, one by one, taking note on which option makes progress, if any.

****Having Installed Steam and Secrets of Grindea for the first time on my fiance's laptop, default settings, coupled with the frontline version, runs flawlessly. I checked the compatibility tab, and by default, nothing was enabled. This is probably your case as well.
That being said, what sort of computer/gamer are you? Do you tweak registry settings? Overclock your GPU? What sort of Anti-virus do you use? Do you have a high level of protection? I noticed that your rig (desktop) is pretty damn powerful, did you build it yourself or is it fairly new, software wise, untouched with everything pretty much, as you bought it?

Last edited:

Props

Rabby
Another idea: Between Windows 10 Task Manager and msconfig, you can disable known, non-Microsoft related services & startup programs that aren't necessary for your computers functionality. Are you familiar with this sort of thing? Also, is your computer shared with other users? Do you have UAC enabled? Is your copy of Windows 10 an upgrade or a fresh install?

Before we head down this road, I'll wait for a response concerning compatibility and if you could answer the above:

1. Familiarity with Task Manager and msconfig (consider yourself a power user?)
2. Primary User, Administrator, secondary logins active
3. Windows 10, clean install or upgrade
4. Compatibility settings enabled.
5. Computer completely up-to-date and have restarted it recently

Last edited:

Killfish

Green Slime
It's working now! It was in compatibility mode for windows 8, I unchecked that and ran as an administrator and it began running! I don't remember putting it in compatibility mode but maybe I have a setting somewhere that automatically put it there.

Thank you so much for your help!! You are a total lifesaver.

Props

Rabby
It's working now! It was in compatibility mode for windows 8, I unchecked that and ran as an administrator and it began running! I don't remember putting it in compatibility mode but maybe I have a setting somewhere that automatically put it there.

Thank you so much for your help!! You are a total lifesaver.

No problem, just making sure everyone has a chance to enjoy this most excellent game!

Huge props to @Props for his awesome help :D

Like I said, I've got the time and IT is my specialty. If anyone needs help here on the forums, send em' my way!!