[CRASH] ''The Game Deaded! :(''

Mirko

Green Slime
Hello, so I took a look at SoG and the game inspired me, bought it, and this happened:

The game doesn't start... I showed the error and it says:

templog.txt hasn't been found

help me .___.

(btw sorry for my bad english)

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Have you tried verifying the game's cache? Go into your steam library, right click on "Secrets of Grindea" and select "properties". In the new window, click on the "Local Files" tab and press the button that says "Verify integrity of game files...". Sometimes that catches a few things.

Mirko

Green Slime
Well, thanks for the tip, but the error's still the same...

''The game deaded! :(''

-> show error

-> templog.txt hasn't been found..

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Have you tried running the game as Administrator? If you start it via Steam, starting Steam itself as admin should do the trick.

If it still doesn't work, try starting the game directly via the .exe and run it as admin! To quickly find the game's folder, go to Steam, right click on the game in your library, select properties, go to Local Files and then click Browse Local Files.

Mirko

Green Slime
No worries at all, I guess, it just needs some patience, I hope ._. Yup, it's up to him...

Still want to thank you, atleast you tried it '-'

Mirko

Green Slime
I already tried it running via steam and via .exe as admin... didn't work... it's still the same error: templog.txt hasn't been found...

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
The templog is a file created to let you view the error data, and the fact that it can't be created indicates something is wrong with the security settings. If you're running antivirus, you can try to see what happens if you disable it temporarily and try running the game again.

If you go into the appdata/roaming folder (paste %APPDATA% in your file explorer path), can you see a Secrets of Grindea folder there? If so, what's inside it?

If not, create a folder named Secrets of Grindea there and see if the error log can be created.

Mirko

Green Slime
Hmm.. Already tried running the game without antivirus, didn't work.. No, I didn't find a folder.. Created one right now, and the error log was created... idk if this might help you:

Version: Auto Stable

Error: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: The access on the path C:\Users\Name\Documents/Secrets

why would it stop on ''/Secrets'', and why is there a '' / '' instead of a '' \ '' ? o.o

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
It's indeed pretty weird that it stopped at Secrets! Anyway, that's probably the language folder it's trying to create.

Try making the following folders to see if the game runs:

Documents/Secrets of Grindea/Languages
%APPDATA/Secrets of Grindea/Characters
%APPDATA/Secrets of Grindea/Worlds
%APPDATA/Secrets of Grindea/Backups

Creating these might give the game enough privileges to continue creating files for saving etc. I remember another case of this issue and it worked for him.

If the game does indeed run with these folders, do some quick tests, like making a character, play a short while, restart the game and see if the character is still there. Also, if you want to play with a translation, check to see if that works as well.

If it doesn't work, it means the game can't write basically anything, and you should ask Steam (or Humble if you bought it there) for a refund before your 14 day refund window is over! At some later point you can try the demo to see if things have improved.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
It's supposed to be hidden as the game isn't controlled by the mouse! Glad you got it working :D

(and hopefully it keeps working)