Dedicated Server

ModdedTibby

Green Slime
I did a basic search on the forums here and couldnt find any information pertaining it, but a member of mine mentioned potentially getting into this game a hosting a few servers for it but it seems that only through himachi, evolve or steam client can you host a server.

Any possible standalone server files releasing in the near future? That would allow for dedicated server to host reliable stable servers for people.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I did a basic search on the forums here and couldnt find any information pertaining it, but a member of mine mentioned potentially getting into this game a hosting a few servers for it but it seems that only through himachi, evolve or steam client can you host a server.

Any possible standalone server files releasing in the near future? That would allow for dedicated server to host reliable stable servers for people.
I don't really see the point in hosting multiple servers of Grindea. I mean sure, it would be nice for people who have bad connection if they could all join a stable server but I don't really think it's that big of an issue. Just letting the person with the best internet host your multiplayer session should be good enough.

ModdedTibby

Green Slime
I don't really see the point in hosting multiple servers of Grindea. I mean sure, it would be nice for people who have bad connection if they could all join a stable server but I don't really think it's that big of an issue. Just letting the person with the best internet host your multiplayer session should be good enough.
Lets say i have a community of people into this game, and I have 13 people wanting to play, obviously only one server instance can hold 4 people, instead of worrying about who has the best connection why not host 2 or 3 server instances for people to play on, eliminating the steps players must do to open their router and leave that to server administrators as well to deal with.

GarlicJelly

Lets say i have a community of people into this game, and I have 13 people wanting to play, obviously only one server instance can hold 4 people, instead of worrying about who has the best connection why not host 2 or 3 server instances for people to play on, eliminating the steps players must do to open their router and leave that to server administrators as well to deal with.
Hmm.. I updated the tips and tricks for a better co-op experience post so it would explain how the steam friends list works and how to use it. Basically you don't need to do all the annoying steps with setting up Hamachi and opening the ports in your router if you use Steam to connect to eachother. :D

Here's the post for how to host co-op easily: http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/i...-your-guide-to-a-smooth-co-op-experience.255/

GarlicJelly

So nothing in the near future with hosting dedicated servers. Much appreciated for the quick responses.
Yeah. I don't think there will be a need for dedicated servers but I might be wrong. Like you mentioned, there has been no mentioning about it so. :p

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Really there's no need for a server, unless you plan on modding the game, turning it into an MMORPG, which would be pretty cool to get some practice with lag without having to pester one of your friends. More than like 5 people in an area could get quite clustered though, so for a decent mod it wouldn't just be as simple as loading all the areas on a server and letting people join and leave at will.

ModdedTibby

Green Slime
Really there's no need for a server, unless you plan on modding the game, turning it into an MMORPG, which would be pretty cool to get some practice with lag without having to pester one of your friends. More than like 5 people in an area could get quite clustered though, so for a decent mod it wouldn't just be as simple as loading all the areas on a server and letting people join and leave at will.
Alright, i understand you personally have no need for it. It could be helpful though for some.