Different outfits: Maybe based on rank for collecting.

Enoen

Rabby
I honestly like the main character's father's outfit and judging by every other high ranking member in the Collector's Guild it is apparent that they share a uniform of sorts so why don't we get a uniform? We can even make it a thing where we always keep the dang scarf but I am wondering if maybe even the devs would enjoy adding outfits based on how experienced (How much phat loots) a player has gathered from chapter to chapter that they can switch around from. Like a costume for beating the Arcade mode to a certain point and for collecting a large percentage of stuff.

Enoen

Rabby
This has been discussed before and sadly I don't think that there are going to be more outfits added to the game (one can hope that after release they add some more but that is still a very slight chance of happening).

You can read the devs comment in this thread: http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/index.php?threads/any-chance-of-different-outfits.201/#post-1000
Wow that is a pretty heated debate.

Almost like the answer is as clear as rain that maybe we should be the ones drawing the sprite art outfits in a way that the devs would approve maybe. *Cough cough hint hint*

Besides no harm done if the community puts the effort to show off their redesigned sprites of the game for the devs to look at and go nay and aye. That way we don't have to sit down and wait for new outfits we can fight over which outfit can be added to the game without any lacking of difficulty provided we can sit down and draw all the sprites in every animation.

HexZyle

Boar
That's 1365 16x18 armor sprite animations. Sure, some are minor alterations of eachother, but its still nearly 400k pixels. Imagine spriting every single pixel of a 500x800 image, without using any clearspace (my profile picture uses a lot if clearspace) That's roughly about the time it will take to create a new piece of armor. You're Paul Robertson crazy if you want to take on that amount of work.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Wow that is a pretty heated debate.

Almost like the answer is as clear as rain that maybe we should be the ones drawing the sprite art outfits in a way that the devs would approve maybe. *Cough cough hint hint*

Besides no harm done if the community puts the effort to show off their redesigned sprites of the game for the devs to look at and go nay and aye. That way we don't have to sit down and wait for new outfits we can fight over which outfit can be added to the game without any lacking of difficulty provided we can sit down and draw all the sprites in every animation.
There would also be a lot of copyright problems if the community made sprites were added to the game. You can't just add someone elses work to your own game without proper paperwork and going through everything community made and write contracts that protect you 100% from every little thing that someone can sue you for is definetly not worth the time and effort for a small developer team. :/

Enoen

Rabby
That's 1365 16x18 armor sprite animations. Sure, some are minor alterations of eachother, but its still nearly 400k pixels. Imagine spriting every single pixel of a 500x800 image, without using any clearspace (my profile picture uses a lot if clearspace) That's roughly about the time it will take to create a new piece of armor. You're Paul Robertson crazy if you want to take on that amount of work.
Whoa whoa I understand that as a fellow (But not good) game developer (Novice Rank Lvl 1 Because I'm still taking classes in university) I meant like in the suggestion threads for players to make a sprite sheet; NOT ADD THE SPRITES THEMSELVES TO THE GAME. For approval by the devs. I highly doubt for example Teddy is going to wander into a thread where someone makes a clown costume and then all of a sudden arc back against his rocket powered chair and press the button underneath his desk to call the Suecrew assassins when he could simply state "Hey this looks good/bad but we cannot use this because [Reasons]."

A little community effort isn't bad. And as I still don't know about mods (And I don't know if this game can even be modded) it was just an idea.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
What if spriter provided license? He could give zip file with sprites and license.txt saying it's under GPL or something. If ever his work made it into game, he would just be credited somewhere. Seems legit.