Drop Chance Of Cards

I am actually looking through all the code of the game, and I've found out some pretty interesting stuff.

For anyone who wondered, I have the drop chances of all items and cards. :3

Got any information you want me to dig up?

Last edited:

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I checked the wiki page you made and I think you should add a note that the Green Slime Card can't be obtained as a card drop in Story mode since it might confuse people. Also, are the drop rates the same for Arcade mode and Story mode? :)

Ardeof

Rabby
I was about to state that the percentages are off. Well, they are. The correct way to type a percent is: "0.5%" instead of "0,5%". Aside from that, when looking at how many Rabbys a person would have to defeat before a card drop, the numbers seem about right. It's about a 1/333.33~ chance, because .003(0.3%) is 3/1000.

Arcade Mode definitely has some adjusted numbers. The drop rate of cards in Arcade Mode seems to be about 30%, or a 100x improvement of drop rate.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
When I made the card drop system I channeled the darkest, most demented part of my soul and went from the rather stupid X / 100k drop chance used for loot (in other words, 100 there means 0.1 %), to 1 / X for cards (meaning a card "drop chance" of 100 actually means it's 1 / 100, or 1.0 %).

In other words, the drop chances of the cards on the wiki are wrong :(

Some people just want to watch the world burn, and all that.

PS: The drop chance of cards in Arcade Mode is 10x higher!

Well ain't that what I wrote on the wiki?
A mob with a dropchance of 300 means he has 0.3% to drop.

Beside, I don't think arcarde mode is x100 since I often dont get cards from rabbies even tho I kill ~20 per run.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Well ain't that what I wrote on the wiki?
A mob with a dropchance of 300 means he has 0.3% to drop.

Coincidentally, 1/300 and 300/100000 are both ~0.3 %! The bee on the other hand has a 1 / 100 chance, which is 1 % rather than 0.1 %.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
maybe the drop rate should be .000001 that seems more reasonable
Definitly, yes!
It is somewhat pretentious when the games is saying, that the card are so rare no one has seen one in years, and after grinding for 1-4 hours you can get nearly all the cards.
The game should encourage the lore it build by making cards something that can only obtained by years of grinding.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
The game should encourage the lore it build by making cards something that can only obtained by years of grinding.
Do we even need a drop chance for the cards? Why not just use them to tease people into farming for them? I mean following the lore we should be lucky we got the green slime card so why spoil the player with all the other cards? >: )

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
And that someone apparently isn't me today. 4 1/2 hours, 334 Pumpkin Meat, 8 Red Scarves, 5 Levels, 4 Pumpkin Masks and a Shawl later... still no Lantern Jack card.