Game crashes in Arcade Mode

Nicolasnko

Green Slime
I try to go on Arcade Mode>Loading>Crash. I already try to repair the archives in steam,try to uninstall game and re-instal it still didn't work,The history mode is working ok tho.HELP ME PLZ IM DYING TO SEE THE NEW THINGS

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hey!

Could you upload your save file here so I can try opening it and see what happens?

You can find the save files in %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea! It's called "arcademode.sav".

You might need to zip the file before uploading it in case the forum doesn't like the file type!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
When it crashes, do you get a "The game deaded"-popup? If so, please post the error here (click on the Show Error button)!

I can open your save file on my computer so it doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the save file itself

Nicolasnko

Green Slime
Version: 0.780g Steamy Hot Unstable

Error: System.NullReferenceException: Referência de objeto não definida para uma instância de um objeto.
em SoG.Game1._Saving_SaveRogueToFile(String sFileName) na (path)\GameProgress\Saving\Saving.cs:linha 2339
em SoG.Game1._Saving_SaveRogueToFile() na (path)\GameProgress\Saving\Saving.cs:linha 2232
em SoG.Game1._LevelLoading_DoStuff(ZoneEnum enLevel, Boolean bStaticOnly) na (path)\LevelLoading\SpecialConditions.cs:linha 17721
em SoG.Game1._Level_Load(LevelBlueprint xBP, Boolean bStaticOnly) na (path)\LevelLoading\LevelMaster.cs:linha 1533 - FullScreen: WindowedFullScreen - NetworkRole: LocalOnly - MD5: 02908ebf1e46585a2afdd04789e66ac7

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hmm... super weird! What happens if you rename your save file (to make the game not find it)? Does the game start over then or does it still crash?

You can find your save file in "%APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea", it is called "arcademode.sav"!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Well, that's weird! It might be that Steam is restoring the save file through Steam Cloud even though you deleted it... could you try doing the same but with Cloud disabled for the game?

To disable Steam Cloud for the game, go into your Steam Library, right click the game and choose Properties. Go to the Updates tab and make sure the Steam Cloud checkbox at the bottom is unchecked!

Then go back and rename arcademode.sav to something else and try going into Arcade Mode again.

If it still doesn't work, could you try going into the %APPDATA% folder and renaming the whole "Secrets of Grindea" folder? This will of course give you a complete fresh restart, but I'm interested to see if that solves your issue or not.