Game crashes when I try entering Evergrind on one specific character?

forsakenhealer

Green Slime
It doesn't matter how I try entering Evergrind. No matter which side I enter through or if I open a portal there, I always end up crashing. I even reinstalled the game and it continues to crash. It was working just fine. It started acting up when I tried to play on multiplayer with my friend (which I wasn't able to, because of my bad internet. She disconnected immediately as the game started. I decided to open a portal to Evergrind anyways, and the game crashed.) She said she needed to update her game as well, so I thought that might also have something to do with it. I've tried running the game as administrator and running the game in compability mode with Windows 7, and restarted my computer as well. My character is at 100% so I've done everything there is to do. Please help.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hey!

Do you have a house? There was someone a couple of months back who had similar issues and it was because his house had become corrupted somehow.

Either way, could you upload the save files (both the character and world file) in a .zip file to the forums? You can find the save files in %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea! Your first slot is named 0.cha and 0.wld, and so on.

Sadly I won't be able to repair the file right away, since my development build of the game is too far removed from the current Steam build, but I can hopefully make sure that the file self-repairs when the next Frontline update goes live. It's slated for sometime between 10-12 April!

forsakenhealer

Green Slime
Hey!

Do you have a house? There was someone a couple of months back who had similar issues and it was because his house had become corrupted somehow.

Either way, could you upload the save files (both the character and world file) in a .zip file to the forums? You can find the save files in %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea! Your first slot is named 0.cha and 0.wld, and so on.

Sadly I won't be able to repair the file right away, since my development build of the game is too far removed from the current Steam build, but I can hopefully make sure that the file self-repairs when the next Frontline update goes live. It's slated for sometime between 10-12 April!
I do have a house, I hope I don't lose it I spent a while on it lol
Well I'm not in a huge rush so as long as it gets fixed. Thank you!
The character/world my character is in that's having problems is in the 3rd slot so I suppose its 2.cha/2.wld then
I just copied my 2.cha and 2.wld files, i dont have to delete them from my folder right?
Once again thank you!

Attachments

• 2cha2wld.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 2

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Thanks!

You won't lose the whole house, but maybe parts of it depending on what's the issue here! I'll be interested to hear what the differences are compared to how it looked before the bug (since I had to go inside to test it, I can confirm it is still a very pleasant looking and rather enormous house, currently with 6 rooms).

forsakenhealer

Green Slime
Thanks!

You won't lose the whole house, but maybe parts of it depending on what's the issue here! I'll be interested to hear what the differences are compared to how it looked before the bug (since I had to go inside to test it, I can confirm it is still a very pleasant looking and rather enormous house, currently with 6 rooms).
Well that's relieving to hear. I'll be sure to let you know if any changes happened (though hopefully none).
And yep, that's my house alright. I'm glad you found it pleasant~ That's the sort of look I was aiming for lol

forsakenhealer

Green Slime
Thank you, the issue was fixed! I did lose a few rooms though. The two rooms on the left side of the house, and the bottom room on the right side of the house. But I'm just glad its still mostly there! ^^

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Oh, right, I forgot to mention this to you! Good thing you checked yourself!

Did these lost room have anything in common? Like multiple doorways, or something like that? So strange that they just decided to disappear!

forsakenhealer

Green Slime
Oh, right, I forgot to mention this to you! Good thing you checked yourself!

Did these lost room have anything in common? Like multiple doorways, or something like that? So strange that they just decided to disappear!
Hmm, nope. Well, they were all the exact same size though (I made sure of that). But the room on the top right didn't disappear, and its also the same size as the 3 that disappeared, so the sizes probably aren't relevant, but I'll just let you know just in case.
Anyways, the room alone was 75 lumber, then I used 28 lumber to widen it to the right, 28 more lumber to widen it to the left. Then 140 lumber to lengthen it.

Last edited: