Game Deaded

Ghret

Green Slime
The game deaded every time I start up the game and cant find an appdata file. I just bought the game and can't play it. I have tried many options. This is the event viewer error.
Application: Secrets Of Grindea.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
at <Module>.ImportXnaNativeMethod(Int32 ()*, SByte*)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.NativeMethods.CreateDecompressionContext()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.DecompressStream..ctor(System.IO.Stream, Int32, Int32)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.PrepareStream(System.IO.Stream, System.String, Int32 ByRef)

Exception Info: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.PrepareStream(System.IO.Stream, System.String, Int32 ByRef)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.Create(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager, System.IO.Stream, System.String, System.Action`1<System.IDisposable>)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.String, System.Action`1<System.IDisposable>)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.String)
at SoG.DialogueSystem.Init(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager)
at SoG.Game1.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean)
at SoG.Program.Main(System.String[])

Last edited by a moderator:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Looks to be a corrupt/missing file!

Is one of the things you've tried restarting Steam and then verifying the game's cache? (Right click on game in library, select properties, go to Local Files and then click Verify Integrity of Game Cache)

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
If you're running any antivirus, have you tried disabling it?

If you go into the game's local files (go into Steam properties, local files and click Browse local files to find it), what files can you see in the Content/GUI/Dialogue folder? It seems to be there the file can't be found!

Ghret

Green Slime
I am not running an antivirus right now.
In the content/GUI/Dialogue folder there is
Portraits folder
Svar folder
Namnbricka.xnb
Namnbricka_Large.xnb
Pratruta.xnb
Svar.xnb
(in that order)

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
In the "Svar" folder, are these files present?

arrow.xnb
Bot.xnb
BotLeft.xnb
Left.xnb
Top.xnb
TopLeft.xnb
YourReply.xnb

If they are, does the file path to the game folder contain any non-standard characters? Windows gives a "FileNotFoundException", but sometimes they bunch together errors so perhaps it simply can't understand the file path (I'm grasping for straws here).

If none of the files are missing, and you have a perfectly standard file path, then there is probably some odd .NET issue at works. In that case I'd recommend refunding the game for now and trying again later down the road (by downloading the demo to see if it works) :(