[Gameplay] Arcade Multiplayer Dupe

RNorthex

Green Slime
[this is for the stable release]
so i haven't seen a topic about this one:
http://gyazo.com/845543c36aa8338125be8928ce0cb2da
happens on bad connections via the client, i tested it out on flamethrower and insect swarm, the more hits you get in until the game realizes that the enemy is dead, the more it keeps dying over and over
this is the most gameplay-breaking one i found

i've also found a looooot of smaller other bugs, but i don't want to open a topic for all of them
some of them are though real quick:
like my friend got a lead challenge while i got clones and had phantom enemies spawn that didn't move
being below 0 health because the damage didn't register visually correctly
slime on the ground being at places where it's not or the other way around
as well as weird enemyspawns like inanimate behive and a helloweed acting like a bee with bee movesets....

i have to say though, the game can handle terrible connections even sometimes fairly decently which is very admirable! i've been amazed by the programming quite a bit while playing ^^

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Man, those are some crazy desync bugs! I'm surprised the one with different rooms can even happen as they are all generated from a seed provided by the server :O

I'll write this down for further analysis

RNorthex

Green Slime
Man, those are some crazy desync bugs! I'm surprised the one with different rooms can even happen as they are all generated from a seed provided by the server :O

I'll write this down for further analysis

oh, no, not different rooms, i think you mistook it for the different challenges :3
my friend[server] picked up the challenge for slow movement and while he got it, i got the cloned enemies challenge
so essentially, i had the clones just sitting there in idle animation on my screen, unable to do anything to them, should add to that that i could move at regular speed and the server allowed me to do that, it wasn't just my side 'reading' it bad, my placement didn't have desync issues

the other "enemy" changes were moveset [but probably more likely pallete] swaps
http://gyazo.com/4dd8361cb2f2d7e754621d302d2a3e50
in this room, the starting sprite of the plant is actually a bee, on my screen it blocks movement like it's a plant and so if i move into it, it causes desync issues, but the hitbox remains a bee's, the beehive is just there, it's not an actual enemy and there was also an invisible bee that i couldn't see
other things would be more standard desync issues, for one of the vilya fights, she essentially was always off by a few meters/feet, so i started hitting at thin air, when i did that, she started moving back to the position where the server told me her hitbox were or my friend looked like he was starting at the stairs[behind the blockade to the exit/entrance] or climbing up the cliff instead of the stairs on the area results screen or sometimes being hit by an enemy/hitting an enemy/picking up a health orb etc would on my screen happen multiple times[even got the area/room clear message to restart 5-6 times at one point] which would result in incorrect hp information on my end
on a different note, i was also able to get 2 rabby cards at the exact same time, but that also happened once in single-player

there's a lot of these, but i'm guessing most are from a common source, but if you need more info, let me know :3