[Gameplay] Dead Fish "froze" game

KieranCarden

Green Slime
Did a quick search for this and couldn't find anything.

My first time catching a Dead Fish, my character just stood there with the fish above her head and was essentially frozen. I couldn't do anything except go into the menu. I was able to traverse through the menu and save/quit my game however - and the fish was in my inventory when I loaded the game back up.

Some steps I can remember doing:
I had caught one Vampire Fish and two Frakenfish, then went around and was fighting, progressing the story. I activated the curse, talked to the witch, and on my way back through figured I would fish some more. First fish I got was the Dead Fish and it locked up.

Playing on the stable beta.

Purrbidden

Giga Slime
Last I checked, it was patched. ..But that was in the Frontline version, which I recommend going to instead of stable.
Frontline is updated more frequently than stable, and you'll encounter less bugs.

Edit: For my miswording of my previous statement above.
You're still going to encounter bugs in the frontline version, but you won't run into bugs which have already been patched. ;u;

Last edited:

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I wouldn't say there are less bugs in the frontline version. :D In the frontline version we find bugs and make sure they are removed so that the finished game and the stable version don't contain bugs. :p But I guess there are less bugs in the current frontline version than there is in the stable version since we get a lot of updates that fix the bugs.

Purrbidden

Giga Slime
I wouldn't say there are less bugs in the frontline version. :D In the frontline version we find bugs and make sure they are removed so that the finished game and the stable version don't contain bugs. :p But I guess there are less bugs in the current frontline version than there is in the stable version since we get a lot of updates that fix the bugs.

Yes, that's what I meant. ;u;
Apologies for my miswording, running off only 2-3 hours of sleep for the past week.
I meant it as, frontline has less bugs than stable, but there are still bugs present for us beta testers to run into and help them fix. c:
It's why I recommended frontline to @KieranCarden, so they wouldn't run into as many, or ones which have been patched recently.
Once again, I do apologize for my miswording.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Apologies for my miswording, running off only 2-3 hours of sleep for the past week.
I meant it as, frontline has less bugs than stable, but there are still bugs present for us beta testers to run into and help them fix. c:
It's why I recommended frontline to @KieranCarden, so they wouldn't run into as many, or ones which have been patched recently.
You don't have to appologise so much. I'm not mad at you or anything. :3 I just want to make sure that people don't get confused. (And I tend to be a bit of a control freak so sometimes I rewrite things people have already said but they've spelled things wrong or their english isn't that good, I'm not a master at english myself but I try to help people get understood.) :p

Purrbidden

Giga Slime
You don't have to appologise so much. I'm not mad at you or anything. :3 I just want to make sure that people don't get confused. (And I tend to be a bit of a control freak so sometimes I rewrite things people have already said but they've spelled things wrong or their english isn't that good, I'm not a master at english myself but I try to help people get understood.) :p

Aha, alright. ;u;
Was just making it clear myself is I did misword and meant it another way.
I didn't want to confuse others either, and just noticed it when you replied to me about it.
I'll edit it so other users don't get confused as well.
It's kind of you to do that though, I know some may find it rude, but I don't see why. You're just trying to help out and make things more clear, or just correcting a mistake someone made.
Thank you for pointing mine out for me. ^^

KieranCarden

Green Slime
No worries :) And yeah, no need to apologize ^^ I understood what you were saying. And I appreciate the suggestion for frontline, it will be much easier to help with beta testing if I'm actually up-to-date on what has and hasn't been fixed/patched/etc.

Purrbidden

Giga Slime
No worries :) And yeah, no need to apologize ^^ I understood what you were saying. And I appreciate the suggestion for frontline, it will be much easier to help with beta testing if I'm actually up-to-date on what has and hasn't been fixed/patched/etc.

Thanks for understanding.
I feel so embarrassed, aha. ;u;
I'm glad you were still able to make clear of what I meant though; I did edit the post just in case another user was to look into this forum and read it.
You're welcome though, I enjoy helping those out who need it. I was playing stable for a bit myself, and didn't know about frontline yet until I joined into the forums. I had a few bugs, but another user told me they were patched and suggested for me to switch to frontline as it's updated more frequently and you'll also help find new bugs without running into old ones and having them reposted.