[Gameplay] Gender selection defaults to male after creating a character

PurpsJL

Green Slime
I am currently playing on the Frontline Beta but this is something I noticed and tested by making a new character. When you create a character regardless of what gender you pick it defaults to male. I only have male haircuts available and I'm referred to as a boy by NPCs.

Now, while I know this can be fixed, I am also looking for a solution to change the genders of the characters effected so I can turn my female characters to their correct genders. Maybe adding in a console command such as '/gender male' and '/gender female'.

I took some quick screenshots and circled the dialogue and other things that point out that my gender isn't female.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 5
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 5
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    413.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    585.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    545.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 5

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Huh! Thanks for the report!

You should be able to already switch gender by an admittedly hidden command, which is "/gender"!

PurpsJL

Green Slime
That command worked, with the NPCs calling me female now, but I doesn't seem to affect the hairstylist. At least it doesn't show the same hairstyles that you can pick from when you start a female character.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hmm... does the haircut problem persist even after restarting the game? It might be that the haircuts are already loaded, so typing /gender doesn't refresh the list, but restarting the game does!

PurpsJL

Green Slime
Yeah, restarting worked. It was a long session that I played that day and I never realized I hadn't restarted the game.