[Gameplay] Increasing Number of Spawned Gifts and Presents

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
While playing multiplayer with @CookieMonsta, I saw his shiny present shield and wanted one for myself. So we went into the toy factory, and due to what I think is a bug, we got SUUUPER massive spawn rates. I think for every 5 you kill, it ups the spawn-cap by 1, meaning in about 5 minutes with the two of us combined, the entire room was filled top to bottom with presents, gifts and bombs. It was absolutely hilarious.

It even got the point where I had died, and he was backed up against a wall, and all the gifts had lined up on the wall and were pinging down from top to bottom... It's sooo much fun to see and entire room packed. I'll make a video on it tomorrow.

If this is a bug, PWETTY PWEEEASE don't fix it yet ^-^

From some testing I did afterwards, it also works in singleplayer, which is even bettar!

Here's what it looks like. I'll post a few more hectic singleplayer shots tomorrow along with a video too :p

This is how is started:

2015-06-15_00004.jpg

This is how it progressed:

2015-06-15_00005.jpg

2015-06-15_00006.jpg

2015-06-15_00007.jpg

2015-06-15_00001.jpg

2015-06-15_00008.jpg

2015-06-15_00009.jpg

And this is how it ended:

2015-06-15_00002.jpg
2015-06-15_00003.jpg

Attachments

• 2015-06-15_00010.jpg
    2015-06-15_00010.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 1

Own

This is Monster Frenzy, or at least that's what I've called it since there's no in-game term for it. It's a game mechanic that works anywhere enemies spawn and I believe it's intentional. It's to make grinding quicker, increasingly more difficult and more likely to kill you.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
This is Monster Frenzy, or at least that's what I've called it since there's no in-game term for it. It's a game mechanic that works anywhere enemies spawn and I believe it's intentional. It's to make grinding quicker, increasingly more difficult and more likely to kill you.
Really? I don't think I've seen anything like this anywhere in the game, I mean sure enemies spawn in faster and faster but their numbers never increased continuously. It happens that the number of monsters increase after the first time I kill them to start spawning more monsters but I've just assumed that that was to help farming.

Maybe this is a new concept that was introduced with Seasonne since I've done tons of farming in the Flying Fortress, Jumpkin Woods and the Evergrind Fields before the patch that brough us Seasonne without seeing this. I haven't done too much farming in Seasonne so maybe that's why I've never seen this myself.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Having farmed pretty much everywhere I can be pretty safe to say this is the only place this happens. Simply by killing enemies, for everywhere else it ups just the spawn rate. With this it is both spawn rate and cap. most areas tend to have a set spawn cap, and as soon as you kill all the enemies attached to that cap, it'll start respawning them all, slowly, until it is back up to the cap number again.

Own

I could swear that the Season Temple Gauntlet Fight Room also had a rapidly increasing respawn rate, but I could be wrong. It's not to the degree that the Gift/Present room does, but it's there.

Honestly, I'd like it if every area behaved like this, with improvements. Or at least one specific location in each area that contained all the monsters in that area. Arcade monsters with 4 players seem to have increased attack speed and stats, seems like you could borrow something from that. If there were an actual Monster Frenzy mechanic in the game, it would be fun if it worked like this:

Kill # enemies in 1 area? Respawn rate increased.
# more? Spawn limit increased.
# more? Attack speed increased. (Or mov speed, or dmg, or all stats? Or exclude this step altogether?)
# more? Chance of elite increased %.
# more? Repeat steps 1-5.

You're either going to get a ton of gold and loot incredibly quickly, or you're going to die incredibly quickly. Death is inevitable if you stay in the frenzy for too long, if they just keep cycling harder, and harder, and harder. Knowing when to get out of the area would be kind of fun.

Because the alternative is to just kill 50 more enemies who are as hard as the first 50 enemies you just killed.

Maybe an NPC in the town could sell you a Monster Frenzy meter you could toggle off/on to check how close to Frenzy you are, or how many levels of Frenzy you've built up in the area you're at.

And maybe picking up a health orb could dramatically reduce your Monster Frenzy bar. Supergrinding is for the best of fighters! :D

Or maybe this would all just be entirely too much of a hassle.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Season temple gauntlet fight room? The one to the North North East of the central room? Because I've been farming in there and there is always a max of 4 enemies, no more, no less. There's a max of 6 when you're doing it the first time though.

Or is it something in arcade that I won't know about because my best is getting to the end of floor 5?

It's a good way to test if your build is good at coping with masses of enemies, and it's also great fun too :p From the amount of fun I've been having with these presents and a bit of ranged magic, I'd love this to be put in in other places. Being surrounded by a sea of 30 rabbys and slimes would be absolutely hilarious xD

Unfortunately it makes it a little harsh on beginners to the area... so maybe after you've defeated the boss in that area? EG defeating Vilya unlocks it in Pillar mountains, Defeating GUN-D4M unlocks it in FF, and defeating winter unlocks it in the season temple.

Own

Unfortunately it makes it a little harsh on beginners to the area...

I think the only thing it would do is deter new players from grinding endlessly on the first screen. You can get to Silver Charge and above pretty quickly just carving through a bunch of easily murdered Rabbys and Slimes. If you kept killing them in one spot over a few minutes and they kept respawning faster and faster, and trickier and trickier to kill, you would probably run to the next area. I don't see how something that's fixed by either dying, or simply leaving and re-entering the area is being too hard. :p

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
You just have to remember: We're too good :p

If I can remember back two months ago, I was taking quite a few hits from rabbys and slimes, and if this was to be implemented, we'd need to make it obvious somehow. Either talking to an NPC who tells you about it, possibly Mumrik or the fisherman dude, or having a pop-up after defeating the boss. We don't want to deter people from the game if they jump in, start doing some farming, and it quickly gets too hard for their progression...

And all beginners start on Easy right? So maybe instead have it as a Hard-mode only thing? Or maybe on hard its always activated, and on easy its only activated after the boss?

Own

I don't think 'good'ness has anything to do with grinding Rabbys and Slimes for 5 minutes until you're level 7-8. :p Since I've seen plenty of newbies do just that, just mindlessly killing junk enemies at the very first screen for super fast levels in ridiculously fast time.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Going and doing a bit of early-game grinding on normal, I completely forgot the rabbies are as passive as chickens until you hit them, meaning even if there is 15 of them, you'll only get hit if you hit them. Seems we're fine now, as once they've gotten past gigaslime they'll know whether they like the game or not (and if they do, they'll be less inclined to ragequit when trying to farm in the pumpkin woods)

Own

Okay, there might actually be no spawn cap on enemies in the Toy Factory.

I don't know if is one in 1-player, it could be that I just never let them respawn fast enough to swarm. But there sure as heck isn't one in 2+ player. :D

upload_2015-6-23_6-56-47.png

It got so bad that I was getting 1 frame per 2 seconds, when we held back and let them spawn in up to the current spawn cap.

This being said, I'm happy there is no spawn cap in this room because it's hilarious and actually challenging to stay alive after a while. :D

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Having joined him in this situation, even if you have a good PC, it killed my connection, took me two minutes to realise I'd died

Own

Though, if I hadn't said for us to stop and just let them respawn, chances are we'd never have gotten to that laggy-as-heck point to begin with. :D