[Gameplay] Item deleting glicth?

Samucamob

Green Slime
So I recently was playing the ghost ship and had also finished the phase shifting challenge that requires timed shifts. I had gotten then 3 chest alongside all items on the ghost ship, however the game crashed before I could save and when I came back, everything was gone. I thought it would be fine, but the chest items didn't come back nor did the items from the challenge. I reset the ghost ship and got the quest items again but the chest ones didn't reset either, I can't make the game 100% again if this keeps up and if you need visual proof I'll provide.
Ps: Apologies if this has already been posted.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Huh, that sucks... the save file restore must've bugged out - when a character save file gets bugged like that, the system is supposed to revert the world save with it, so that progress is synced!

As a small comfort, you'll be able to get 100 % on the save file since the completion checks whether or not the chest has been opened, not if you own the item in it!

Ultimately I should implement some kind of massive test that checks all treasure chests with unique treasure in them, and if the player doesn't have the item in their inventory, nor at the shady salesman, they will receive it again.

Thanks for the report!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
If you want the save file fixed, you can send me a DM with your save file (zipped) and I'll add the Ghost Ship items for you!

You can find the save files in %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea! Your first slot is named 0.cha and 0.wld, and so on. For this, I only need the .cha file.

You can attach the file directly to this thread, too, if you find that easier and don't mind the save being public.

Samucamob

Green Slime
Thank you! After taking a better look at the save file, I saw that the items I had lost were also the 3 chest items from the final phase puzzle, the timed one that is unlocked after finding the ghost of Tammie and the bottle weapon you get in tai ming.
It even deleted the pet sphere somehow.
Glitch.png