[Gameplay] Key lost on Ancient Temple

Don Sar

Green Slime
I've taken both keys during the Ancient Temple quest and I have unlocked only the 1st door after the puzzle. I quit the game and when I run it again, the second key was lost. Game was stuck and I had to restart a new one with another character.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
This is a pretty nasty bug right there. I'm going to see if I can reproduce it and find the source, otherwise I'll add a safeguard double checking what keys has been picked up and what doors have been opened, and basing the key counter on that.

Thanks for the report!

Sushi

Green Slime
Just came back in game to be stuck with the same bug. Last time I saved and exited in the room with the mirror puzzle (2nd key for me) just after taking the key from the chest. I still have my char; just tell me which file you want ;).

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Cool! I'll need the world file corresponding to the character slot. You can find them if you paste %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea/Worlds.

The file names are zero-indexed, so if it's your first character that's stuck, the save file is 0.wld, second character slot has 1.wld, and so on!

If you want I can send the repaired save back to you :p

Sushi

Green Slime
Here you go (couldn't send the file on its own due to its extension). Have fun :3

Attachments

• save.zip
    329 bytes · Views: 2

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Thanks a bunch! The bug was really weird. It was a loading issue regarding tracked quest, which cut the loading code short. The only thing loaded after the tracked quest was keys, so everything worked fine, except the tracked quest nor the number of keys were ever loaded!

The bug would most likely be much more common if the locked doors wasn't so close to the keys :p

It'll be fixed in the next patch! Do you want your save file back?

Sushi

Green Slime
I'll create a new char and this time I'll grind for all items right from the start. Btw is it possible to drop a card before the examination ? I assumed it was because I didn't know about the event at the exam but now I'm not so sure anymore :3

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
You won't be able to get a card until you've killed Giga Slime in the Collector's Exam!