[Gameplay] Multiplayer "Desync"

Sastron

Green Slime
There seems to be a rare chane that in multiplayer arcade games not all players get to see the same room and enemys. It can happen in both boss rooms and normal rooms.

The only certain ways to reproduce it is when the host accepts a quest alone (e.g. no heal orbs). After you manage to complete the quest you should be able to find them again but in the current run only the host can see them after this. Same thing when you accept the "no xp and only elites quest". After the second floor I as the host was able to gain xp again but my friend wasn't.

In terms of enemys it only seems to matter what is in the host game though. So all other players will get the damage from invisibile enemys.

Here is an example from a friend too: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=251811920
You can see him dead in the "bee hive boss" but I was actually fighting the hollow seed if I recall correctly which is why I was able to go further out and it seems like I fly.

Edit: It happend in the stable version 0.56h and frontline version 0.56i.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Can you recall if the game said you had different quests active while in Arcadia? That's one of the few ways I can think of that would cause such desync!

That, and if your friends aren't playing the same version as you are!

Sastron

Green Slime
I think you are right about the cause of the problem. Every case I remember was when I accepted a quest my friend already completed or couldn't accept for some reason. In the screenshot I have the hallowseed speed quest for example.

I don't think it has anything to do with the versions though because we always played on the same one.