[Gameplay] Npc/Quest Error

Vaecae

Green Slime
The side quest for Birthday Dinner will not complete in my game. I have the turkeys, however while I was able to receive the quest I believe the reason it cannot complete is this:
The Npc Anita who gives and should complete the quest in my game is not skinned correctly, she appears as Mr. Claus and thus is not able to have the turkeys turned into her.
Her dialog for the turn in still appears but she does not seem to register as herself for the completion of the quest delivery. Before this update she did not have a quest for me and her sprite had been a woman, as I assume is the intended appearance.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
It's not a bug. The quest is not implemented properly yet so you're not supposed to be able to complete it yet. Also try checking if a bug has been reported before making your own post.

mr. nails

Rabby
This may differ from game to game (kinda like not all PC's play games the same) I have no idea, but...

I was able to finish this quest. Yes, the NPC does not look like (in my opinion) who they should be. IE: Looks like santa instead of whomever else, but I did finish it and turn it in and got the quest reward out of it.

edit* I was able to complete it on frontline v0.59a and did this earlier this week.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
This may differ from game to game (kinda like not all PC's play games the same) I have no idea, but...

I was able to finish this quest. Yes, the NPC does not look like (in my opinion) who they should be. IE: Looks like santa instead of whomever else, but I did finish it and turn it in and got the quest reward out of it.

edit* I was able to complete it on frontline v0.59a and did this earlier this week.
Oh, I thought Teddy said you couldn't complete it. Well..... Maybe you can complete it then. XD

Poulay

Green Slime
I have the same bug, she said thanks and all but i don't get the reward and i can't talk to her again. No matter how many times i try to leave the game and try again.

I also have Santa instead of Anita, though her portrait is fine. She thanks me, though I can not complete the quest. When I look into the quest log thingy it shows Get Turkeys 2/2 and Return to Anita with a lock next to it. I am on steam v0.599a but I still can't complete the quest.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I have the same bug, she said thanks and all but i don't get the reward and i can't talk to her again. No matter how many times i try to leave the game and try again.

I also have Santa instead of Anita, though her portrait is fine. She thanks me, though I can not complete the quest. When I look into the quest log thingy it shows Get Turkeys 2/2 and Return to Anita with a lock next to it. I am on steam v0.599a but I still can't complete the quest.

I thought I had fixed this bug but apparently I had only fixed a related one! Good thing you both brought it up again!

What triggered the bug was if you had already farmed the turkeys from Peckos before getting the quest. The game would register that you had indeed gathered the items but the quest would not advance to the "Talk to Anita"-objective, making it unable to finish.

Quests should now (as in the upcoming patch) properly check its objective group for completion whenever a new quest is received, or a group of objectives are completed!

For those of you who've got a bugged quest, I've added a load condition which will remove it from the quest log, which should enable you to receive it again (hopefully unbugged :D).

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Oh, and about Anita, Fred hadn't made her sprite yet so that's why she appeared as Santa in game. The sprite has since been made, and thus she'll get herself a pixelated makeover in the upcoming patch as well :p

Oh, and about Anita, Fred hadn't made her sprite yet so that's why she appeared as Santa in game. The sprite has since been made, and thus she'll get herself a pixelated makeover in the upcoming patch as well :p
I thought she already had a sprite since Seasonne came out. Anyway, great job fixing the bug so fast and making a great game!