[Gameplay] Slimes go *poof*

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Arcade Floor 3. Walked downwards into a challenge room, and I got the four chickens and the eight red slimes. So I take out the top and diagonally left one, and heard the chicken straight in. Meanwhile, The chicken in the top left had been herded round to the bushes at the top, that block your exit, and I could have sworn that the slime at the top humped the bushes and... disappeared?! Literally faded out of existence like a cutscene. *Poof* Gone.

Does it have anything to do with them rubbing the walls? I tried rubbing them myself in the same spot, but nothing happened. I'm rather puzzled :/

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Just managed to get this to happen again, this time with 3 slimes as oppose to one. It doesn't matter about the entrance, and they just seem to disappear if they touch this spot on the wall, about where the slime trails end:

slime.png

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
More evidence! It seems to have everything to them rubbing the walls! It can not only happen on the top, but on the bottom as well. I've just had it happen again, and there's a hopping noise like the slime makes when I go near where they faded out, yet no slime... the plot thickens...

[Edit]: and there was a slime dying noise when I finished the room! However I don't recall this happening any other times...

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
The plot thickens! (and hopefully there's a plot twist where I actually fix the bug soon)

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Well, this room sure is buggy. Managed to get some video footage, but this time, instead of them rubbing the walls, one literally just disappears. No fade out, in the middle of the room (the northwest part). It doesn't leave any hopping sound, and doesn't have a death sound when the room ends.

[Edit]: Forgot to mention, nothing happens to any of the other slimes.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
This time one poofs at the bottom of the screen, at around 16 seconds in. It seems that now it's got nothing to do with the exits, and could be an entirely different bug. Has it got something to do with there being a limit of how many enemies there can be in a single room at any one time, and the slime is the first thing to realise - "Shit we're over the limit! I'll take one for the team lads! Go on without me!" *poof*

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
So I caught it on camera again and watched it back. I think the evidence we can draw so far is it seems to be any slime, but only one slime, just after it has landed. I assume that's the point at which its jumping animation loops. Whether this is a modified version of the old bug (which it might be, seen as I can't get them to disappear through exits anymore) or an entirely new one we're still not sure. I think that's all we're gonna get outta this. Over to you Teddy :p

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Surprisingly, more evidence! Some crucial stuff this time. It wasn't a red slime, and it wasn't in this room - it was a random blue slime in Séasònnë. So it's not over the enemy cap, and it's not just limited to red slimes. The next part of the story is me leaving a bunch of slimes of all varieties in various rooms and see if they just poof. Well, here comes the most entertaining bug testing ever!