[Gameplay] Two cards dropped from two different enemies at the same time, only one card in album

Brack

Green Slime
Hey there, new to the forum. Love the beta, and just made an account so I could inform yall of this bug I found. beat the game once, and started again a second time, just for fun and to collect everything as quick as possible. was in pumpkin woods, grinding ghosts and jumpkins, for cards.

I ended up getting both of their cards at the same time, 1 immediately after the other. when the message appeared on the screen, I just recieved the ghostie card. checked my card collection, and no jumpkin card. ended up collecting every card in the game, but farmed more jumpkins to try and get the card. after killing about.....300 of them, nothing.

It could be Im just having bad luck getting one to drop, but I clearly remember that odd moment when I got 2 cards at the same time. This seemed like a bug though, making it impossible for me to get that final card.

on a side note, im loving the game, and cant wait for the next update!

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
The chance of getting two cards at the same time is extremely low so you should probably go and buy a lottery ticket. :p You might be the first and only one that will ever experience this. XD

Brack

Green Slime
yeah it was a very lucky thing to happen. I dont know if I have the affects of the card, but its just not showing up in my album or if its a legit glitch.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
You will have gotten two cards from the same enemy. Their effect doesn't stack, and it's a very rare occurrence in story, so count yourself lucky and stop worrying :p

Brack

Green Slime
you misunderstand, I got 2 cards from 2 different enemies, at the same time in story mode

Brack

Green Slime
yep, I know what I saw. one was a ghostie card, the other a jumpkin. but I got no jumpkin in my album

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
The easiest place to grind for a Jumpkin card would be here. When you have the time, go to this spot and grind for an hour or two, and tell me if you get a card :p
jumpkins.png

Brack

Green Slime
I grinded in that spot for 4 hours..... thanks holmes. please reread my initial bug report

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
It could be Im just having bad luck getting one to drop,

I assumed that by that you weren't sure.

So either if you get two cards from different enemies on the same frame, you don't get one of them (and now you're getting unlucky for it dropping,) or you have it and it refuses to show. Sadly, seen as the Jumpkin card buffs your ATK which scales with your level, there's no way to find out which one it is, unless you try to get your file to 100% completion.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Maybe Teddy can use his magic powers to find something in the code if you upload your save files. :p

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Sounds like a pretty crazy bug, for sure! I'll look into it.

Regarding whether you can get the card "again", it should be doable as the game determines the drop chance of a card based on if anyone in the party (in this case you) doesn't have the card in their album.

So, if it isn't in your album, you should be able to get it but have been super unlucky!

NE_Cupcakes

Green Slime
I have had this happen as well, though only once in Story Mode. Killed a Gift and a Present at the same time, and got both cards. Only the Present card was added to my Album.

EDIT: I still have the save file for the character, but have since gotten 100%, so I don't know that it would be helpful.