General Info & FAQ

mawile

Green Slime
2) you just have to be sure, it's the same in the game and in the translation tool:) and you should check some basic errors, so those conditions could not hang the game due to a recursion:)
3) how about we have some rule, for example LocalID AppleName:plural will be a part of AppleName object and that might become accessible in one of the future versions?
4) alt+arrows does not have a default action as far as I remember, so you might use alt+right/left for switching lines and alt+up/down for switching objects. Also I don't find "go to the next untranslated" useful enough, at least right now. It might be helpful when you add new dialogs in between the translated, but I would prefer to just go up and down most of the time. You can use something like ctrl+enter to get to the next untranslated.

Last edited:

mawile

Green Slime
Also translate tool does not work for me on Windows 8.1, not sure, what's the problem. When I start it, I see TreePlacerMacer.exe process in task manager for a couple of seconds without any window appearing, and then it just shuts down with no error messages.
I also see 3 events in windows event log for every try. Attaching those.
Is it working for anyone on Win 8.1?

Attachments

• error.evtx.txt
    68 KB · Views: 8

Cheynas

Rabby
not sure, what's the problem.

According to the error log you've posted, it seems that Vocaloot Translate.exe is having some problem with kernelbase.dll in System32...

Just downloaded and tested the tool out on my Windows 8.1 Pro N setup, and it launches without any problem.

Now, many other things depend on kernelbase.dll so I doubt the fault is in there.
There's many pages out there where people have fixed that problem, so my suggestion is to simply search for kernelbase.dll and try the things others have done to fix it.

Hope you'll get it sorted, and best of luck to you.
//Cheynas, self-taught windows user.

Dulled

Rabby
Also translate tool does not work for me on Windows 8.1, not sure, what's the problem. When I start it, I see TreePlacerMacer.exe process in task manager for a couple of seconds without any window appearing, and then it just shuts down with no error messages.
I also see 3 events in windows event log for every try. Attaching those.
Is it working for anyone on Win 8.1?

Well, sir, I was having a similar error, but I believe I have found a solution. Have you upgraded your OS recently? I did and installed Grindea on steam. Thing is, I haven't executed it until now. When I did, It installed some .Net files and the translation tool began to work again! Hope that help.

mawile

Green Slime
Well, sir, I was having a similar error, but I believe I have found a solution. Have you upgraded your OS recently? I did and installed Grindea on steam. Thing is, I haven't executed it until now. When I did, It installed some .Net files and the translation tool began to work again! Hope that help.
Yes, that helps! Thanks a lot! I haven't even installed the game on my Win 8 .1 Machine before, as I played the game on a Win 7. After installing and running the game once, the translation tool is working:)

Tsuyo

Green Slime
I'm creating a Spanish translation of the game to Latin America, but I would like to add some functions to the application of translation, if possible I am looking for a copy of the source code, the Misc Text and Dialogue applications. The game seems like an excellent project and I hope we can put our grain of sand.

Best Regards!

Swon

Green Slime
I'm creating a Spanish translation of the game to Latin America, but I would like to add some functions to the application of translation, if possible I am looking for a copy of the source code, the Misc Text and Dialogue applications. The game seems like an excellent project and I hope we can put our grain of sand.

Best Regards!

I hope to share the translation when done :)

I am eager to have the game in full Spanish :)

Greetings!

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
(This is a x-post from Vilya's workblog)
AUGUST 11, 2015

New & Improved Translation Tool

Vilya: As I write this, Teddy is sitting next to me working on a new, improved version of the translation tool! I believe we've mentioned this a few times before in various places, but haven't gone into detail..

So, the new translation tool will have full Steam Workshop support, which means it'll be easier to create and manage translations - no more zipping and uploading through the forums, wohoo! It'll also be a lot easier to find translations, as it'll be done directly through the game client (and thanks to Steam Workshop, any updates made to the translations will be downloaded automatically).

Of course, browsing translations will need an interface of its own, and that's where I come in. Today me and Teddy sat down and discussed exactly what we need to show in said interface, creating this totally amazing sketch in the process:

The rest of this blog entry can be found if you click this link:
http://vilyaroo.blogspot.de/2015/08/new-improved-translation-tool.html

Patrick8a

Green Slime
Would it be possible for me to make a sort of "no profanity" translation? It's not a big deal to me but I would prefer to remove/censor the profanity in the game. I don't think it's a lot of profanity or anything, it's just a personal preference to have as little as possible. Just a thought.

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
Would it be possible for me to make a sort of "no profanity" translation? It's not a big deal to me but I would prefer to remove/censor the profanity in the game. I don't think it's a lot of profanity or anything, it's just a personal preference to have as little as possible. Just a thought.
Sure, you can use the tool to do any sort of edits/translations you want!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
The translations can* be submitted to Steam Workshop and may then be downloaded by other users, either via the game's Workshop website, or from inside the game! The translations can also be used by DRM-free users, although they must keep them up to date manually like with the old system.

(*when the new tools are out that is)

Brom

Green Slime
I'm having a small issue with how words are arranged in the Crafting menu.

Like, let's say there's an armor I lack components for. The game takes the UnknownName string and sticks the appropriate IngameMenu_Inventory_Category string after that. This obviously works wonderfully in English, but not as well in languages like Italian where 1) in this case, the adjective should go after the name (So Unknown Armor should translate into Armatura Sconosciuta) and 2) adjectives also have genders, so Unknown Helm is Elmo Sconosciuto but Unknown Armor is Armatura Sconosciuta - and I can't think of any genderless Italian adjective that would fit there. I'm pretty sure other languages also have similar issues.

I somewhat solved this by just leaving an empty space where Unknown should have been, but it would be nice if you could add separate strings for the various kinds of items you can craft - so like, have a string for 'Unknown Armor', one for 'Unknown 1h weapon', etc.

BellJanuary

Green Slime
Hi, I thought I could try my hand in Ukrainian translation but it seems there are no letters і, ї, ґ, є in the font, so if that could be added I would appreciate it very much!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hi, I thought I could try my hand in Ukrainian translation but it seems there are no letters і, ї, ґ, є in the font, so if that could be added I would appreciate it very much!

With the help of @res7less the fonts in the translation suite have been updated to include those letters and their capital letter counterparts!

These fonts are not yet in the game itself, but the text will show up properly in the tools. Next time the game is updated, the fonts will be updated there as well!

BellJanuary

Green Slime
With the help of @res7less the fonts in the translation suite have been updated to include those letters and their capital letter counterparts!

These fonts are not yet in the game itself, but the text will show up properly in the tools. Next time the game is updated, the fonts will be updated there as well!
Okay, thank you!!