Greetings, fellow travelers...

Meowser

Green Slime
Hi everybody!
My name is Jake. I'm currently a second year college student at Missouri S&T majoring in Computer Science. I play video games of all sorts, so we could possibly have a couple games in common (hopefully we both have Secrets Of Grindea in our Steam library :p).

Stuff I did back then:
Competitive Mario Kart Wii (Yeah I know, it's strange :p)
Attempted competitive Pokemon (Didn't work out too well)
Tried to get into speedrunning
Various volunteer work
Other stuffs

Stuff I do now:
Play Mario Kart Wii casually with friends and by myself
Occasionally play Pokemon
Learning to speedrun Paper Mario All Cards%
Go to college
Play old games
Mario Kart Wii hacking (sort of)
More other stuffs

If you wanna add me as a friend, go ahead! I'm always willing to meet new people and make friends. It might take me a little bit to warm up to you, but I feel like it's worth it. Have a wonderful day, everyone! ^^

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Welcome to the Forums! :D I'm a huge fan of Mario Kart Double Dash, such that I still have the game and go back to complete it again on the Wii every few years (have completed it 3 times now :/). From what I've seen, there are some incredibly good speedrunners at Mario Kart - I bet competitive is even more amazing! Is that like a full 12 player race rather than Time Trials I take it?

I'm less of a speedrunner myself and prefer instead to find and exploit glitches after revisiting Pokémon Yellow... and glitching the game to pieces. I always say I prefer to break the boundaries than break the records :p I actually found a glitch in Double Dash where if you drift onto a boost pad, then use a mini turbo at a certain angle facing backwards and hit the wall, your kart will travel along in the direction the boosts are facing, rather than into the wall and backwards.

Also, on certain ramps, the boost pad on the end of the ramp will always send you in the direction of the ramp. If you drive into the wall such that the boost is keeping you against the wall, you can edge up the side of the wall and if you go off the end slow enough, it pings you in the direction you're facing, which makes for some amusing launches. I also managed to slam my kart into a wall and it bounced about 10 feet up in the air... And it's hilarious bugs like that which is why I enjoy it :p

Meowser

Green Slime
Well, it's both, actually. Both online and time trials have a competitive community and online was the more popular one before Nintendo shut down the servers. Now with the help of unofficial servers, it is still possible to play online, but the time trial community is much more popular now. The online matches can consist of variable amounts of players, from 1 vs 1 to 6 vs 6. It was a ton of fun while the community was booming. As well as learning to speedrun, I also love exploiting glitches in various games. It's like a whole new thing you can do with the game. :D

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
There's actually a load of bugs in Grindea. Sadly none of them are as game breaking as in Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow (at least so far as we know, and I'm always experimenting :p) but there's some you can have a bit of fun with. My personal favourites are always the out of bounds clips, and there's a whole thread devoted to those. If I knew XNA or could be bothered to download the whole program I'd look at decompiling the game for a few loopholes, but experimenting in game is much more fun besides :naniva:

Meowser

Green Slime
I agree with you completely. While breaking up a game to find glitches and loopholes is a good way to find them, I find that experimenting in game is a lot more fun. A while ago when custom tracks for Mario Kart Wii was somewhat new, I used to dedicate a few hours to a track to try and find glitches that would allow for an early lap count, and sometimes I was successful. Even if I didn't find any early lap count glitches in tracks, I would still have fun trying to squeeze my character into the weirdest spots on the track and finding little glitches that allowed a different view of the track or allowed for complete exploration of the track. It's also fun when you have multiple people searching for glitches at the same time. :chicken:

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Sounds fun! I suppose if you can build your own tracks there must always be ways to set up loopholes in them somehow :p

I actually have a couple bugs in the works at the moment that I don't want to report for exploitation purposes. If I did report them it wouldn't be too much of an issue as they only tend to fix game breaking bugs or ones that affect gameplay somewhat drastically. With these you have to try to find them, you won't just stumble across them while playing.

Meowser

Green Slime
Definitely. I really want to start searching for game breaking bugs if I can get a small group together. There could always be some bugs that only occur within multiplayer because of the circumstances. I really want to see the kind of glitches I can pull off with multiple people. :p

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
There are a few multiplayer bugs, mainly in the new area which has been recently added. If you've completed the game I wouldn't mind exploring a bit over there with someone. My steam name and a link to my steam profile can be found on my forum profile page under the "Information" tab if you want to add me :p

Meowser

Green Slime
Yeah I've completed the game recently, actually. I've also completed all of the side quests I can find. So yeah, I can help look for stuff in the most recent area with you. :D