Guide: The best spots for grinding specific enemies for cards/items.

Own

Reccomendation:

1-handed + Shadowclone + Lightning Cloud + Snowbuddy may work, but slower. The best method I've found?

Weapon:

2-handed, the stronger the better. I'm using Lumber Axe, from the Season Temple.

Skills:

Silver Rank Berserker Style.
As many points as possible into Whirlslash.

Talents:

Max Strength.
Max Fencer.
Max Surgeon.
Max Brutality.
Max Adaptable.

Equipment:

Brawler Plate. You may prefer the Fur Vest for +3 AtkSpd, but for 8 less DEF.
Royal Crown + Blindfold. While Pumpkin Hat has 5 more attack, you're sacrificing 5 crit which I find is better. Up to you.
2 Red Rings. +20 ATK.
Phaseman Boots. No +ATK shoes, so the EP regen here may help.

Pet:

Sink every last piece of gold you find into buying Damage Potions. Force your pet to guzzle them nonstop for an ever increasing damage output. Save some Damage Potions for yourself, however - they do make things go faster.

General info:

Health isn't an issue, because the game spits health orbs at you the instant you lose a fraction of HP. You can just wade into rapidly spawning swarms of enemies and so long as you keep killing them, you'll never die. If the game limited health orbs to being able to drop every 30 seconds or so I might be worried, but as it is dying is so easy to avoid you don't even have to worry. And if you do die, you'll respawn nearby having only temporarily lost your increased enemy spawn rate.

Constantly attack enemies to keep your EP above a certain level so you can Whirlslash down tougher mobs, or large clusters of mobs. A silver charge on a Yeti can help take them down much, much quicker. So long as you never let up on attacking your +Crit and +AtkSpd buffs from Berserker will never go down either, your swings might be on par with attacking 1-handed.

Spots:

Frostling Rogue / Scoundrel. Just stay in the center and pound them down with basic attacks, keep your Berserker combo going, Whirlslash if they're thick around you. Check up top to make sure none ran away up there every so often, stray enemies fill up enemy spawn slots.

AiAjum6.png

Yetis / Blue Slimes. The absolute best spot for grinding tons of money and maintaining combo I've found. Eventually the spawn rate might overwhelm you, but that just means your EP will always be full enough to keep spamming Whirlslash. Trickiness comes from the Yeti Ice Breath, which will ruin your combo if you are hit. If you see 2-3 yetis on screen, try to hit them all with a silver charge whirlslash or two to take them down. You'll be lucky if they get hit by a crit.

I used this spot for getting my Blue Slime / Yeti cards and by the time I was done Icicles, Icy Goos and Yeti Furs continued to flood the bottom left corner of my screen for quite a while afterwards.

ax0fhxR.png

Season Knights. Ridiculously easy with this build. Go in, Whirlslash or beat them up, leave, repeat. You can get the card and drops incredibly fast this way. The best part is transitioning between rooms refills your EP to full. Spam Whirlslash as much as you like, no Berserker downside. Only one random wizard spawns in here and the enemies in this room do not respawn, so you may want to grind Season Wizards in the giant arena further in the temple.

oLt6bCn.png

There are many other places, but they're incredibly obvious, like farming Presents/Gifts at the Toy Factory. There's also a farmable Enter/Exit room with a Pecko inside of it, but I'm feeling too lazy to go through the temple for it. Anyone else have any rapid grind strategies/screenshots/builds they want to share? Who knows, maybe there's a good one for magic users laying around.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Equipment:

Brawler Plate. You may prefer the Fur Vest for +3 AtkSpd, but for 8 less DEF.
Royal Crown + Blindfold. While Pumpkin Hat has 5 more attack, you're sacrificing 5 crit which I find is better. Up to you.
2 Red Rings. +20 ATK.
Phaseman Boots. No +ATK shoes, so the EP regen here may help.
If it was up to me I would use the Purple Flower Band that you craft from the Helloweeds from the Jumpkin Forest. I'm pretty sure you get more damage if you use that one and the only thing you really lose is the +5 EP which is not a big deal at all.

Own

Wow, I didn't even notice that in my inventory.+5 ATK and +4 Crit over the Royal Crown?

I guess it has a lot less defense than other things, but jeez. Guess I'm even stronger now.