I downloaded OBS to try and make a SoG video, and...

Own

My computer isn't the best, so it isn't super HD video or anything, but I think it turned out okay and clear enough. The controls were ever so slightly more sluggish than I'm used to, which made me take some unnecessary damage in rooms with a ton of enemies in them. (Pumpkin King, double enemy room in Flying Fortress that threw me for a loop and made me take distraction damage too when I saw a bugged out Brawler bot outside the playable area). A lot of hits were taken during Gundam's final barrage, but I always lag during that due to the sheer number of projectiles on screen. Some dumb damage was taken quite a bit on floors 11-12, but by that point I was a little exhausted since about 50 minutes had passed uninterrupted. :p I even screwed up and drank a Damage Potion when I meant to take a DEF potion, and during both blizzards I wasn't prepared and didn't get my Silver Protect off. Doh. :( Excuses aside...

I beat Arcade Mode, featuring the new Frostling+Cube battle and the improved Winter, using the Spin2Win build.

I figure it might help other players or the devs somehow, but I don't have a youtube account and I don't know what to do with it. It's a 467 MB FLV file. Does anyone know where I could upload it that allows for files of that size, or videos without an account? Last time I tried to get a youtube account it wanted a cellphone number and... yeah, no. :p

Or I could send it to someone via TeamViewer's send file function and they could host it on youtube, if they could? :) Uploading it as a file to a site would be easiest, I think, given my connection speed.

Own

Thanks for pointing out Mega to me, I have it uploading there. :) It'll be done in... 2 hours at 66 kb/s. Baw.

I'll link it here when it's done. :D Thanks.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Last time I tried to get a youtube account it wanted a cellphone number and... yeah, no. :p
When you create a Google account (gmail, etc.), you also get a YouTube account. Cell phone number is only used for password recovery and it may be optional. Anyways, it's 100% free and you get no SPAM, I can assure you.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
I uploaded your Video here
but for 500MB that's some shitty quality. I think you have something seriously wrong with your settings in OBS + the video is way smaller than it should be in size.

or this
which is an re-encoded version of yours

(But your run is pretty impressive)

If you want i could help you with some settings. It looks like you recorded more of the screen than you needed and so a lot of the quality goes in black pixels. Took the same performance but looks not quite as nice.

Reactions: Own

Own

I literally just downloaded OBS before I recorded so I'm not too familiar with the finer points of it. :p Thanks for the heads up. What settings should I be changing, and to what?

Also, thanks for the upload. :)

Last edited:

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
I don't have it installed so i don't know every setting right of the top of my head.
I'll make a more detailed guide in the streaming/recording thread later (it's 4am here -.-)
Unbenannt.PNG

This image contains most setting (sorry if that's not helpful right now)

what's most important in terms of quality and performance is that you set the resolution up there in custom to the size of the game. So if you play fullscreen it's the same resolution as your screen. Do you play in a window?
Then it's either 1x (640x360), 2x (1280x720) or 3x (1920x1080)

Sorry if that's not so helpful, but i need to catch some sleep. I'm propably back in 5 hours.

Reactions: Own

Own

That's immensely helpful, thank you. :D I'll try it sometime with a Shadow Assassin build, see if that turns out better.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
I had spam right the first day i made my gmail account... but only once and never again, which is nice.
I was referring to cell phone number. When you give it on random site, the worst could happen is paid subscription or spam, neither of which happens with Google.

And Gmail has some very good spam filters, but it may be also because I don't use it everywhere. My worst mistake so far was using it for Uplay account :/