Magic dealing no damage bug ?

caithss

Green Slime
Hi guys so I just bought the game today and was starting the story with my friend. I get to lvl 2 and chose to try magic, i started playing around with meteors and had quite a lot of fun. (Note that at lvl 2 with no stuff my meteor dealt 60 damage). But ever since we got past the exam, all my magic deals little to no damage, a charged meteor with a wand and witch hat deals like 8 to the ennemies in the mountains. And weirdly enough I deal over 250 with my carrot, while my friend who chose a melee build hit at less than half of this.

Could anyone help me with this ? or is it just some major bug and I will have to redo everything if I want to play with magic again ?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
There's a bug where if you keep swapping out a wand and sword, your MATK slowly transfers over to ATK. To solve your issue, pick the wand and keep to the wand :p

caithss

Green Slime
Ok but then I would have to replay the game up to where I am, right ? because atm my magic is completely useless. ( Well, luckily i was only about 2 hours in ! )
Also, is there a current plan to deal with this bug in the near futur ? :p

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Does it not reset when you leave and re-enter the game? I thought that was how it worked. If not, try typing in chat (enter to open) /setlevel *whatever lever you are at*. That might reset your stats.

And yes, there is a plan to fix this bug in the future I'm sure.

caithss

Green Slime
Well it does for my first meteor strike it will deal the normal amount of damage, about 150, but then 10 and then 1.
Ah ok I will try the /setlevel thanks !

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
If this bug keeps happening, please post your entire build (equipment and all skills/talents)! It would be interesting to see if I can replicate it!

caithss

Green Slime
Well I'll keep you informed when I play the game again which might be in a while because my friend's computer needs repairs. But here is my current build : ( although it did start before )
I wear a shawl, a witch hat, sandals and a blindfold,
I use the apprentice rod with barrel shield and usually switch for the squire's claymore ( until the bug happened I then started to use the carrot sword )
and my only accessory is the slimy ring.
skill wise : I have meteor lvl 7, and flame thrower lvl 1, used to have insect swarm lvl 1 but refunded it. I now have the frosty friend lvl 4 but it also deals 1 damage due to no Matk.
Talent wise : I have tenacious lvl 3, intel lvl 5 and manaburn lvl 5
Which leads me to a Matk of 123 after setlevel.

caithss

Green Slime
Heya ! Haven't played the game since the last time, but my friend got his computer back ! ( finally)

So I was wondering if this bug has been fixed ? ( I looked at several patch notes but not all of them ! )

Thanks for answering :D