[ Multiplayer ] Charging Skills Glitch

Wolph

Green Slime
Secrets of Grindea Ver: Stable Beta 0.650a

Connection Type: Steam

Internet Speed: 5 MB

• Bug:
Skills are not Charging properly on Multiplayer. I don't know if this is LAG or connection problem, but even though my skills are at Silver or Golden Charge, sometimes they simply don't cast at its proper Charge Level. Not only spells, but melee skills too.

Ardeof

Rabby
The trouble with figuring out if this is a bug or not is having to solve all of the: "What ifs" first. Here's a brief, incomplete list of possibilities:

"What if the client's/host's CPU usage isn't up to par with handling the Client/Multiplayer Server?"
"What if the client's/host's latency is spiking too much?"
"What if the client/host is using a slow storage device?"
"What if not enough RAM on client/host?"
"What if virus ridden PC?"

You'll probably get a response within a reasonable amount of time. You could check other threads and see how long the typical wait time is.

Wolph

Green Slime
The trouble with figuring out if this is a bug or not is having to solve all of the: "What ifs" first. Here's a brief, incomplete list of possibilities:

"What if the client's/host's CPU usage isn't up to par with handling the Client/Multiplayer Server?"
"What if the client's/host's latency is spiking too much?"
"What if the client/host is using a slow storage device?"
"What if not enough RAM on client/host?"
"What if virus ridden PC?"

You'll probably get a response within a reasonable amount of time. You could check other threads and see how long the typical wait time is.
Finally! Thank you =)

Ardeof

Rabby
Finally! Thank you =)

NP, also a convenient thing to use is Steam's Game Cache Integrity Verification. It makes sure that each and every file is where and how it should be, and corrects any that are corrupt etc.

How to:
In Steam, open the Library tab. Find your game (In this instance Secrets of Grindea), right click and select "Properties". Click the tab "LOCAL FILES" in the properties Menu and choose: "VERFIY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE...". It'll take a little while to verify, and after it's done what I usually do is exit Steam and re-launch Steam.

Wolph

Green Slime
NP, also a convenient thing to use is Steam's Game Cache Integrity Verification. It makes sure that each and every file is where and how it should be, and corrects any that are corrupt etc.

How to:
In Steam, open the Library tab. Find your game (In this instance Secrets of Grindea), right click and select "Properties". Click the tab "LOCAL FILES" in the properties Menu and choose: "VERFIY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE...". It'll take a little while to verify, and after it's done what I usually do is exit Steam and re-launch Steam.
Thanks a lot. I've done everything I could to 'solve' or at least 'try to solve' the problem, but anything worked. I guess it has something to do with the internet, but my wife's ping is lower than 30, and I'm the host, and we share the same internet, so I can't see how this issue is happening. But thanks a lot for the support mate ^^

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Could it be that you sometimes don't have the required EP to cast the spell? Charged versions cost a bit more, so sometimes you can begin charging but have to wait longer than usual to reach the silver and gold charges because EP has to regenerate!

Wolph

Green Slime
Could it be that you sometimes don't have the required EP to cast the spell? Charged versions cost a bit more, so sometimes you can begin charging but have to wait longer than usual to reach the silver and gold charges because EP has to regenerate!
I thought about that either, but just for cience effects, I used a Cheat to keep my EP always full, It glitched anyways. I tested with and without the Cheat to make sure either. Sometimes I charged the spell or melee skill and waited to my EP be fully restored, and even then the skill wasn't receiving the proper effect of the current charge.

So I don't think that's the problem.

Wolph

Green Slime
What skills are you having issues with? All of them?
Yup. Spells are the most noticeable of them all because they're really different between the charges, but from time to time any skill I use, Bronze, Silver or Gold Charge are glitching.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Does the same thing happen to your wife, or is it only your spells that get affected? It's indeed very strange that it happens to you as a host, since that should eliminate any lag!

Wolph

Green Slime
Does the same thing happen to your wife, or is it only your spells that get affected? It's indeed very strange that it happens to you as a host, since that should eliminate any lag!
I'm glad you came up with it, I just remember that when the Glitch happened, SHE was hosting. I can't remember if the same happens when I'm the host... I'll test and inform you guys.

JamesKT

Boar
Can confirm that this has happened to me as well when I did co-op with a friend of mine. I couldn't chain Piercing Dashes online(Like I do in my Speedruns). Haven't tried this as a host. My ping at the time was maybe... 50? It was months ago.

Wolph

Green Slime
Can confirm that this has happened to me as well when I did co-op with a friend of mine. I couldn't chain Piercing Dashes online(Like I do in my Speedruns). Haven't tried this as a host. My ping at the time was maybe... 50? It was months ago.
With a Ping of 50 it shouldn't be a problem should it ? I don't know if it seems connection issue or client issue, is hard to know =(