[ Multiplayer ] Crashing in Cutscenes (SOLVED)

Wolph

Green Slime
Just bought the game for Me and my Wife and we're lovin it! Thank you very much for your work and effort SoG Team!

Now to the Bug Report.:

Unfortunately, I got some weird problem with Multiplayer.

We can play it normally but sometimes when a Cutscene starts, her game Crashes. "Game is Dead" pop-up type of Crash by the way.

I know I said 'sometimes', but it happens very frequently, right now it happened 3 times, but I'm sure it can happen more if we go on.
  • The First Crash was at Vilya Battle at the Start of the game.
  • The Second and Third one was at the Flying Fortress.

- The Second at Bag saying the Warp Circle is too heavy;
    - The Third one right on the Cutscene about activating the Energy of the Fortress;
Anything happens to my game by the way, only her game Crashes because of the Bug.

So, I've done a couple of searches and I've found no solution to it. And I have no idea of what can be happening...

Thank you for the attention and hugs from Brazil!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
It sounds like it might be some issue with corrupt game files!

Has she tried restarting Steam and then verifying the game's cache? (Right click on game in library, select properties, go to Local Files and then click Verify Integrity of Game Cache)

Wolph

Green Slime
It sounds like it might be some issue with corrupt game files!

Has she tried restarting Steam and then verifying the game's cache? (Right click on game in library, select properties, go to Local Files and then click Verify Integrity of Game Cache)
Her game files are fine, unfortunately =(.

We've even tried to re-install it for sure. Maybe is something missing on her OS ?

Thank you for the quick response by the way Teddy lol

(Windows 10 by the way.)

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Aw :(

Are you playing on Stable or Frontline?

The reason I'm asking is because our host made some changes that made the old error report tool actually send the error reports, so if she's sent one I can't see it!

Frontline should be stable while playing the same content as on the regular version, and if you don't want to beta test the new areas just stop at Tai Ming.

If you're not playing on Frontline, please try to have both change to that version and then ask her to send in the error report with a message I'll recognize (like "Wolph says hi" or something!)

Here's a thread on how to switch builds: http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/i...tch-between-stable-and-frontline-and-why.127/

Wolph

Green Slime
Aw :(

Are you playing on Stable or Frontline?

The reason I'm asking is because our host made some changes that made the old error report tool actually send the error reports, so if she's sent one I can't see it!

Frontline should be stable while playing the same content as on the regular version, and if you don't want to beta test the new areas just stop at Tai Ming.

If you're not playing on Frontline, please try to have both change to that version and then ask her to send in the error report with a message I'll recognize (like "Wolph says hi" or something!)

Here's a thread on how to switch builds: http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/i...tch-between-stable-and-frontline-and-why.127/

Thank you for the response Teddy! We did some testing after analysing the files again, she hosted and the game worked fine, than I hosted again to make the last check up and it seems magically fine now =O, any updates on that and I'll warn you ok ? Thank you for your support =)

@For those having the same problem:
Simply do as Teddy said:

(Right click on game in library, select properties, go to Local Files and then click Verify Integrity of Game Cache)