Multiplayer issue: No friends with Grindea :(

MaiZzzz

Green Slime
Me and a friend first played Secrets of Grindea through Steam a few days ago and we love it!
But the next day we got the problem that we couldn't connect anymore and we would get the message: No friends with Grindea :(
We tried this both through Steam and IP but without any success, we opened up port 6000, tried port forwarding and even checked our firewall.
We could of course use software like Hamachi or Tunngle but we were hoping that this wouldn't be necessary.
Does anybody else have this problem? And are there other solutions that we haven't tried yet?
Thanks in advance!

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Me and a friend first played Secrets of Grindea through Steam a few days ago and we love it!
But the next day we got the problem that we couldn't connect anymore and we would get the message: No friends with Grindea :(
We tried this both through Steam and IP but without any success, we opened up port 6000, tried port forwarding and even checked our firewall.
We could of course use software like Hamachi or Tunngle but we were hoping that this wouldn't be necessary.
Does anybody else have this problem? And are there other solutions that we haven't tried yet?
Thanks in advance!
Maybe one of you changed from the Stable version to the Frontline version or the other way around? My guess is that you're both not on the same patch and that causes the game to deny the co-op.

Khalon

Green Slime
Maybe one of you changed from the Stable version to the Frontline version or the other way around? My guess is that you're both not on the same patch and that causes the game to deny the co-op.
We just both checked and it seems that we both use the same patch. The strange thing is that we didnt change any settings and there was no update. It just suddenly stopped working.

Thalldor

Green Slime
HELLO!

If you are still having issues and your problem has not been solved I might be able to help you later today when I get home from work. Some stuff I might be able to recommend is have you both switch to the front end version, reinstall the game, wait a little bit (Sometimes steam is weird) or wait for a person that actually knows the game to respond to this post like a dev. (Luckily the devs are fairly active here)

Edit: Another thing is to ensure that you are going to Multiplayer then opening up the server on the multiplayer setting and not arcade. Sometimes the answer is easier than it may appear but I still have no idea.

Thank you for your time.

--Green Slime.

Khalon

Green Slime
HELLO!

If you are still having issues and your problem has not been solved I might be able to help you later today when I get home from work. Some stuff I might be able to recommend is have you both switch to the front end version, reinstall the game, wait a little bit (Sometimes steam is weird) or wait for a person that actually knows the game to respond to this post like a dev. (Luckily the devs are fairly active here)

Edit: Another thing is to ensure that you are going to Multiplayer then opening up the server on the multiplayer setting and not arcade. Sometimes the answer is easier than it may appear but I still have no idea.

Thank you for your time.

--Green Slime.
Well its currently fixed for some reason. The weird thing is that we didnt change anything.. Again! Maybe an issue with Steam it self?

Thalldor

Green Slime
Well its currently fixed for some reason. The weird thing is that we didnt change anything.. Again! Maybe an issue with Steam it self?

Aye, like I said; some times steam is weird and you just need to wait. I'm glad that your problem is fixed and I hope to see you around here in the future!

Also, if you need any more help, simple conversation or someone to play with I might be able to help you with any of those.

--Green Slime.