Multiplayer on two computers no internet?

Tibbysan

Green Slime
I'm wondering if anybody else had asked this, because there are points in time where the internet is acting up or the power is out for a while and people have laptops for the most part nowadays. So I was wondering if there is currently a way to play grindea with a friend ( for family member) locally with two computers or more with each person having a copy of the game but no internet? :) ( if this is in the wrong spot I am very sorry)

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Both of you go into your settings in the menu, set your Network Type to "IP", then one host a multiplayer game. The other person should be able to join using the IP "localhost" :D

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Oh, they're complicated. It's like a code used to connect computers and networks together. I'm no expert on them, but I'm sure some people are. Ardeof or Props might be able to help if you're intrigued.

Luckily, you don't really need to know what an IP address is to be able to use one. Just follow the instructions and it shouldn't be too much of an issue :p

Tibbysan

Green Slime
Oh, they're complicated. It's like a code used to connect computers and networks together. I'm no expert on them, but I'm sure some people are. Ardeof or Props might be able to help if you're intrigued.

Luckily, you don't really need to know what an IP address is to be able to use one. Just follow the instructions and it shouldn't be too much of an issue :p
XD Thank you for your help. But My desk/lap don't seem to understand the IP thing, and I did look it up. :<

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
This:
upload_2016-4-2_18-18-30.png

Then this:
upload_2016-4-2_18-22-18.png

Then this:
upload_2016-4-2_18-22-59.png

If that's what you meant.

[Edit]: You might have to open the port that is says on the notice. I'm not really in a position to give you an explanation on how to do that at the moment, but I might be able to later. Also please ignore the fact I'm doing it on a single screen :3

Last edited: