Not launching.

Xyzamos

Rabby
I pre-ordered a 4 pack Rabbi tier, downloaded, tried launching through steam and it crashes. Created a shortcut on desktop from the app folder in steam, ran as administrator and it crashes, tried in every compatibility mode and crashes in every one.

Win 7 professional 64 bit OS, gtx 690 vid card, 32gb memory, i7 3770k processor if any of that helps. The demo worked the first time I tried it this morning but once I quit and tried to play again it did the same thing. Crashed every time.

I have restarted my computer and tried again just to make sure something wasn't acting up and still the same thing, crashing every time. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Xyzamos

Rabby
I tried it just now but it's not a question of the game running slow, the game won't launch period. Thanks for the attempt though :)

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Does the crash reporting tool open for you? The one that says "the game has deaded"?

Xyzamos

Rabby
Yes the crash reporting tool has opened for me, I sent it in a few times.

I downloaded both, ran the repair tool on XNA because I had it installed already and already had .NET framework as well from other games, etc.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Can you report it again with a special message I'll recognize? Let's say... "The evil Rabbys must be dealt with!"

Xyzamos

Rabby
2560 x 1440

The demo worked at that resolution, windowed mode fullscreen, but like I said, just that first play session this morning, once I quit out of the demo that first time, it went to crashing every time.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Ok, thanks, I think I know the solution to the problem then...

But while it persists, could you try downloading this hotfix and manually patch it? I think it will prevent the problem but I'm not sure! I can't reach such high resolution :D

The exe can be found in Steam\steamapps\common\SecretsOfGrindea

You'll need to start it via Steam. If it works, I'll patch this into the Frontline build and you can switch to that stop getting the problem

Attachments

• Secrets Of Grindea Hotfix Maybe.zip
    941.1 KB · Views: 435

Xyzamos

Rabby
Excellent! It started right up Teddy, thanks again for the super fast response on this, you guys are awesome!!

Maroddity

Green Slime
rather than make a new thread, I decided to post here, my steam version won't open at all, and I don't get any errors, I pretty much click the play button, then for a split second my status goes to being in game, but then goes right back to not playing a game. No error report or anything, I've checked the integrity of the game, deleted, installed, etc and nothing. I noticed you ask for resolution, mines just 1920x1080. Thanks for the incoming help, and I look forward to playing it.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Sounds like some issue when it's loading the Steam overlay perhaps. Does the DRM-free version work for you?

Maroddity

Green Slime
I've disabled the steam overlay and still nothing, and yes the drm free one works, I thought the steam one was better for beta testing though. I could have misread though.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, the Steam version is better for testing, I was just curious if the game ran at all. I'll see if I can add some startup diagnostics to help understand what's happening!

Maroddity

Green Slime
Alright cool, I'll do some fiddling around some more and try and figure out it out on my end. But I'm pretty challenged when it comes to this stuff haha.