Port Forwarding, Firewall and Hamachi Guides

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
When the Router blocks all ports they are closed.
Sometimes when the Router is just a modified version of an older model you still can see the options but i wont actually change anything.
Port forwarding gets less and less common as the new cool router (radical, dude!) should be able to handle it perfectly.... at least that is what they say and hope the router should do.
I guess you could mod the router bios and enable it manually but that is far beyond my expertise.
(or you could buy a new router that is not from your ISP but is confirmed to work)

ark626

That isnt what i meant, the router isnt even asked if you issue netstat -a

Normally the PC sends an open Port to the router and the router responds with NAY or YAY

But currently it seems not even the Localhost has the open port of Grindea what kind of bothers me there, cause that could mean the issue is inside the pc itself

For me the port is blocked by my router BUT my IP has the listener running if is start a host
hkjhk.png

This seems to be not the case for him,

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Me and @The G-Meister just tried to play some co-op but we weren't able to join eachothers games. We first tried to just join without any hamachi and the border of the game just flashes black as if it's transitioning into the lobby screen but nothing happens, we were just stuck on the same screen as before. So we though "Hey, maybe it's because we don't have any ports open" so we tried using Hamachi (which I have used before) but we still had the same issue with the screen flashing. Both of us tried to host and neither Story or Arcade mode worked.

Since none of us has played multiplayer before we don't know if it has worked in previous patches. Does anyone have the same problem and if not what are we doing wrong?

Yuuki

Boar
One of you two has to host a game, then the one who host the game has to invite the other one. No need to follow this guide anymore since it's outdated and everything runs via steam.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
We did that... Both tried sending invite to one another and neither of us could join, no matter what we tried... I mean, it was 1AM and neither of us wanted to fumble around with our routers... Anyway I'll undo all the work.

Is it/has it been working for you?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Are both of you running Frontline? What is the "Drop In" setting set to? Does it work if the one not hosting goes into the friend list and select Join Game from there?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Both on the same frontline game version. "Drop in" set to "yes". Both tried joining from "Join Game" menu and the same thing happened. Tried again this morning and we managed to get into a lobby, but promptly timed out. I've managed to get it working with both Yuuki and CookieMonsta, so as far as we can tell it's on his end... somewhere :p

ark626

Where do you two live=?
I know that i had trouble playing with @GoodStuff because he was too far away from me.
Also notable details are what kind of connection you have?
Is it a 16000 DSL ?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I'm in the UK, he's in Sweden (I'm pretty sure), and the other two were from Germany, and with them I had about 100 ping. When we managed to get into the lobby for a brief moment, we still had that 100 ping. I'm not sure what type of connection I have... know of any ways to find out?

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
New update! I played with 3 other people with me as the host yesterday so now I'm even more confused over the fact that we couldn't play together. :S

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Oh... That's odd... Something going on between you and I then :/

In regards to the speedtest, download is 6.06 Mbps, upload is 0.38Mbps. Ping was 41, and I've hosted a Minecraft server on my computer perfectly fine. I've tried shutting that down during the attempts but it didn't seem to have any effect.

ark626

@The G-Meister Okay the upspeed is a little low, do you have any processes running on ya pc that are uploading permanent?

You can check it in the taskmanager (ressourcemonitor under network)