Pre-Translate The Arcade Mode Patch

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hey everyone!

And with everyone, I mean @SilasColdfire , @TsReaper , @Paulo Soares , @KoBeWi , @Brom , @Coldnight , @Skaaj / @Arkelia and @Sefairu (and anyone else who might be doing a translation)

A while back me and @res7less did some testing on the possibility of translating a patch ahead of time, especially for patches with lots of text. It turned out to be pretty painless, so I thought I should make it a possibility for everyone! This is mostly if you want to get a little less stressed out by your fans begging you for an updated translation on patch day.

Please note that the changes you make should not be uploaded to Steam yet, since the patch is not live! It might break certain existing dialogues for those users. Instead, keep it on your PC and upload it when the patch goes live (somewhere between 10-12 April)!

Also note that there might be some additions or changes made if it's necessary, but the vast majority of the new texts are final.

SO! Without further ado, here's how you can do this pre-translating if you want:

1) Download the attached .zip file, which contains the new dialogue and misc text files

2) Open up your Secrets of Grindea installation directory. This is done easily through the Steam game preferences, like this:

upload_2018-4-6_13-41-30.png

3) After opening up the install dir, go to Content/Data and put the defaultEnglish.dlf in the Dialogue folder, and defaultEnglish.vtf in the Text folder! Or just place the zip in the Data folder and choose "unpack here".

4) Open up the Translation Tools as usual, and it should now source in the updated dialogue and text files, allowing you to start translating even though the game is not truly patched yet!

PS: Res7less, there are a bunch of new stuff even for you, so if you want to pre-translate some more feel free to download the new archive!

Attachments

• Data.zip
    308 KB · Views: 5

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Here is the most likely 99,9999 % final dialogues and texts for the update!

It contains one quite important thing, and that is the translation of the "transfer to new Arcadia" GUI, where players will be able to choose what goes with them to the new mode if they have a save file from the old!

It will default to keeping achievements and cosmetics bought with Essence.

Attachments

• Data.zip
    308.7 KB · Views: 7