Request: Multiplayer loot option.

Own

This came up a while back when a group I was in were grinding Phaseman for his gear. (Sidenote: I wish there were a better way to handle boss drops, since if you're in the Hall of Memories all it is is easily grinding them for quick and easy loot, but I'm sure the HoM will be retooled before the game is finished. :p)

Anyhow, I was playing a mage and the other two were bruisers.

Problem: The bruisers always got the drops because they were right next to Phaseman when he died. They had to intentionally move away before letting me get the final blow so I could get my boots. Same problem when dealing with loot in general, I got a pumpkin mask that couldn't help me while an ally grabbed a +30 MagAtk accessory.

Solution: 'Confirm Loot' multiplayer option? If you move on top of a piece of equipment on the ground, it shows you the stats on the right side of the screen, same as if you had actually picked it up. Press Shift to pick it up, otherwise it stays on the ground.

You'd probably have to make an exception for the Carrot Sword, though, since some people might not pick it up thinking their allies need it more.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
This issue has been discussed before I believe. Other people have suggested that a trading system should be added so that if the "wrong" person picks an item up it could then be traded to the other person. However as we discussed that we ran into the problem of people trading overpowered items to low level characters so I think your suggestion is a better option. A "need or greed" system could also work as friends could all agree on giving the item to one person by having everyone else voting greed and if you don't know the other players (from what I've seen people find randoms to play with here on the forum) then everyone that wants the item could vote need and let chance decide who gets the item. The voting window could be like the one you get when you buy/recieve a new accessory and you can decide which one of your two currently equipped accessories you want to replace.

Own

Need Or Greed only really makes sense in the context of an MMO to me, and an MMO where items are incredibly rare at that.

So far, from what I've seen, SoG has no ultra-rare item drops. If I'm in a game where one dude is picking up every single item that drops, even if it's useless to him or he's already grabbed multiples of it, I'm probably playing with the wrong people. :p

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
In the long run I can agree that the need or greed system is not very useful so it might not be the best option in this situation. I can imagine how annoying it would be to roll every item you find and I don't think that item stealing is going to be much of a problem since if you don't like when someone is stealing your items you could just go and play alone instead since nothing requires a group of people. I didn't give my suggestion much thought, I just threw another idea out to get a better sense of what our different options were. It's better to have multiple ideas that you can pick the best ones from rather than just having one. :p